Re-Open to Last Page Viewed is Flaky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re-Open to Last Page Viewed is Flaky

I'm finding that Most of my active Tabs will Re-open after Closing the app to Pg 1 or 2 instead of the desired pages I closed them with.
    History setup is -- (chkd) Restore Last Session when App Opens.
    IF I test it right after I set the pages in multi-Tabs & close - it works --- It's 30 minutes up to next day later that it seems to have forgotten where I was when they closed.
    I Like the app, and this is not life-threatening - But any ideas are appreciated.
    Last edited by CraigS26; 01-05-2021, 02:40 PM.

CraigS26 ,We apologize for the inconvenience. Firstly,please try to delete the Foxit Software registry entries by doing the following to see it helps:
    Go to "Start"->"Run"-> input regedit -> find "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Foxit Software",please right click on the "Foxit Software" folder and select "delete" option in the pop-up context menu to delete the whole folder of Foxit Software.
    If the issue still persists,please help to provide with the following information for us:
    1:Your OS information(E.g.windows 10x64bit).
    2: Do you use our Foxit Reader or Foxit PhantomPDF? Please click on "Help“tab in Foxit Software>"About Foxit PhantomPDF/About Foxit Reader” to find its version number in the about dialog box.
    3: Did this issue happened to all PDF files or just some particular documents?
    4:We would like to know that those opened PDF files are located on your local drive or network drive?
    5: In the fifth step,please follow the A,B ,C,D four points:
    A:Please open some PDF files and turn to different pages in PDF files,then go to "Start"->"Run"-> input regedit -> find "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Foxit Software",please right click on the "Foxit Software" folder,select "Export" to export the Foxit Software registry entries into a .reg format file for us,please name the file A.reg and close your system registry editor.
    B:In the next day,please don't open Foxit PhantomPDF after you reopen your computer and directly go to "Start"->"Run"-> input regedit -> find "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Foxit Software",please right click on the "Foxit Software" folder,select "Export" to export the Foxit Software registry entries into a new .reg format file for us,please name the file B.reg and close your system registry editor.
    C:After doing the above B step,please reopen your Foxit PhantomPDF to see if those files are reopened to Page1( or page2)?,If yes,please go to "Start"->"Run"-> input regedit -> find "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Foxit Software",please right click on the "Foxit Software" folder,select "Export" to export the Foxit Software registry entries into a new .reg format file for us,please name the file C.reg and close your system registry editor.
    D:Please send A.reg B.reg and C.reg files these three files to us.

Look forward to your reply.

Comment

Thank you, Lisa. The regedit Folder Delete seems to have cured the bad memory as all tabs just opened to their last setting (waited several hours to test after it burped again just 10 minutes after this mornings test.)
      FWIW, I'm W10 Pro - 1909 ... Free Foxit .... and all PDF tabs were affected via a local HDD.
      Thanks again!
      Last edited by CraigS26; 01-05-2021, 09:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X