Clear All

• Stange error messge

Getting this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	ScreenHunter 257.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	118.3 KB
ID:	181612

But the document hasn't been modified....
    Attached Files

Anon May I know how did the error message occur? please tell us detailed steps for reference.
    Besides, what's OS of your PC? what's version of Foxit reader installed? can you please provide sample file to us for testing? thanks.

Comment

Apologies for the delay...

Windoze 10, Foxit Version: 9.7.1.29511

It happens either when scrolling down the results list in a full search, or when actually clicking one. (can't remember - of course it hasn't happened for a few days 🙄)

If/when it does I'll make a better note of what triggers it.

Comment

Anon ,Thanks for your response. Please help to update to latest version 10.1.1 of Foxit Reader on your part to see if it helps? Following is link for downloading it:
        http://cdn01.foxitsoftware.com/produ...etup_Clean.exe

Any result,please let us know.

Comment

Well - I'm happy to not lose the ability to create PDFs by updating...

I've had the event recur.

The PDF file is stored on a networked system, opened using its \\hostname\... path
          I've got the full search pane open, holding the results of a search.
          I've not accessed the file for a period of time.
          I click on a search result, Foxit returns to the first page, and I get the message:

What I think is happening is that the PC hosting the file has gone into standby, and wakes up when I click on one of the search results, and Foxit thinks the document has been modified. Does that seem credible?

Comment

Anon ,We apologize for the trouble. This issue "Got error message 'Since this document has been modified,this search result is invalid. Do you want to to search again?' when click on a search result" has been submitted to our internal bug tracking system for our QA team to do further analysis with report ID#QCPHANTOM-26998.
            However,we still need your help to provide with us the following information:
            1: Do you have 32-bit or 64-bit of windows 10 installed?
            2:What kind of networked system do you mentioned? Is it a location from another computer in the same Lan?
            3:How long do you leave Foxit Reader alone and then come back to click on the search results again generally? Did your computer enter into hibernation mode before you switch to Foxit Reader again?

Look forward to your reply.

Last edited by Lisa_lee; 03-16-2021, 09:09 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X