v10.1.1.36576 Crashing while Printing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• crash v10.1.1.36576 Crashing while Printing

Our job involves printing out multiple PDFs to make up a booklet. The cover PDF is a single A5 sheet with images and the 'inner' PDF is eight sides of A4 and mostly text with some small images. There's also an order slip which is a PDF created by the website and displayed in Chrome.

We have two computers, both Windows 10 64-bit version 20H2. One has 64GB RAM, the other has 32GB RAM, both are running Foxit Reader 10.1.1.36576.

On the 32GB machine, we can only print four PDFs (two covers, two inners) before Foxit crashes. The menu bar goes black and the unresponsive and the program quits. On the 64GB machine this limit is higher and we are able to print 8 documents before the same problem occurs.

The number of copies of each PDF we print does not affect the crashing - we can easily print 20 copies of the same one on the same run.

The amount of printing from Chrome does not affect the crashing - we can print as many pages as we like.

It does not matter if we print a PDF and them close its tab - it's the number of print runs that causes the crash.

bl0ke
    Sorry for the trouble.
    Please help to provide some more information so we can close to this issue.
    1.Did it happen to all pdf files or just occur to the file you mentioned? May I have this file for testing?
    2.Let me have the screenshots of the print page and printer properties.
    3.Please follow the steps below and provide me the log file:
    A: Navigate to the following folder:
    C:\Users\[user name]\AppData\Roaming\Foxit Software\Foxit PDF Creator\Creator-Log
    Please delete all of the files and folders included in this "Creator-Log" folder manually.
    B: Go to "Start"->"Run"-> input regedit -> find "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Foxit Software\Foxit PDF Creator",please change the value for "EnableLog" on the right panel into 1 if its value is not 1 there.Please refer to attached screenshot:value.jpg.
    D:Please try to replicate the crash issue as usual again,then please navigate to the following folder again and package all of the files or folders that you can find in “FoxPrint”and "Creator-Log" folders for us
    C:\Users\[current username]\AppData\Local\Temp\FoxPrint
    C:\Users\[current username]\AppData\Roaming\Foxit Software\Foxit PDF Creator\Creator-Log
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi Roy, some results for you:

On the 64GB machine I printed a few copies of a smaller, single-page PDF before switching to our own files. I was only able to print six of our own files before Foxit Reader quit, suggesting that printing the simpler PDF still had an influence on the problem. I printed eight runs of the one-page A4 without problems before switching to our files.

On the 32GB machine I printed some older files but did not experience the same problem, which might be a clue since the newer cover file has a lighter (and therefore different) image. I printed the same two files, alternating between them, before the crash occurred. All of our files are created in PHP using FPDF from http://www.fpdf.org/

The folder C:\Users\[user name]\AppData\Roaming\Foxit Software\Foxit PDF Creator\Creator-Log does not exist on either machine. I can browse as far as 'Foxit Software' and my next folder is 'Foxit Reader'. We do not have any other Foxit software installed.

The registry key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Foxit Software\Foxit PDF Creator does not exist, same as above.

The folder C:\Users\[current username]\AppData\Local\Temp\FoxPrint does not exist, same as above.

Licensing conditions prevent me from posting the PDFs here as they contain copyrighted information. Do you have an email address I can send them to?

Comment

bl0ke
        Thanks for your information. Please send the files to [email protected] with same title along with the specific printer(NPID66BFB) setting from the system as attached 1.
        One more file we need is .prn file, please follow the steps below to provide prn file to support email as well.
        1. Open system setting, Device, Printers&scanners, select your printer and click on manage.
        2. Open printer properties, go to Port section, turn your port to File: Print to file as attached 2.
        3. Reproduce your issue and save to a .prn file.
        Attached Files

Comment

I have emailed the PDF and .prn files. I can confirm that the problem persists when printing as .prn.

Comment

bl0ke

Thank you for your email, Roy will follow up your case, any updates, you may get via email.

Comment

I was able to upgrade Foxit Reader to 10.1.3.37598 this morning, but the problem still persists.

Comment

We installed the latest 2021-03 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 20H2 for x64-based Systems (KB5001649) from Microsoft and this appears to have fixed the issue.

Comment

Working...
                X