Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to print a document from Foxit Reader? Print is disabled

Hello,

Foxit Reader version 10.1.3.37598, Windows 10 Home (regular user with admin account).

Has someone found out how to enable the print functionality? With me, it's greyed-out for any PDF document, so I can't print them out.
    The same documents can be printed from Acrobat Reader, for ex, so
    - the problem is not the PDF document (they are not locked by security settings)
    - the problem is not my system (printer is correctly specified)

I have tried to ask the support but they are making fun of me and keep asking question I've already answered (probably to shake me off). After 14 emails, I'm giving up on them.

Click image for larger version

Name:	foxit.png
Views:	57
Size:	20.1 KB
ID:	182536
    Last edited by mischiew; 05-03-2021, 09:40 AM.

Sorry for the poor experience. Seen from above screenshot you sent, it seems you haven't opened any pdf file, so the option is disabled. If you have already opened one pdf file and printing is allowed but the print option is still disabled, could you please help to answer below questions for better understanding? Thank you.
    1. Did you install Foxit Reader with admin permission? Did you install it by default settings?
    2. Did you install it directly with .exe package that downloaded from our website or did it deploy by admin and disable print during deployment?

Comment

mischiew ,If you have the protected view mode enabled for all PDF files in Foxit PhantomPDF, then the print feature would be disabled by default. Regarding this situation, please choose to turn off the protected view mode by going to "File"tab>"Preferenecs">"Security" ,select "Off“ for 'protected view", click OK to save the setting.
      Or you may also choose to keep the protected view mode enabled ,but just add the PDF file that needs to be printed as an exception by going to "File"tab>"Preferenecs">"Security" ,click on “Add File”button under Privileged Locations to add the corresponding PDF file,click on OK to save the setting.

Any further questions or conens,please contact us again.

Comment

Working...
      X