Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paper size by pdf page size issue

Hello Everyone,

Today I updated foxit reader to 11th version, and faced problem with "choose paper source by pdf page size". If I have pdf size A4(21x29.7) and chose this function, output paper size switch to 22,9x32,4(with A3 format it switch to 48,3x32,9). In printer settings A4 paper size is chosen. Choosing "no margin" option in printer setting, do not change nothing.

Thank you in advance!
    Attached Files

There is screenshot with paper sizes, if you need it in English, I will try to change language and make another one. Foxit reader version: 11.0.0.49893.

Comment

brych92 Can you please check the paper box in Printer device and check what's paper placed? Also, can you please provide detailed info of the print driver? please open Properties of it and make screenshot picture. thanks.

Comment

Good day Amanda! There are two boxes in printer with A4 and A3 paper. Settings of printer are ok, my colleague still have 10th version of Foxit reader, and it works perfect. She has the same printer driver as me. So it looks like problem somewhere in Foxit Reader, it looks like it can not properly recognize paper size in PDF. In any case screens of driver attached. There model and driver(application) version marked. Thank you in advance!

Comment

Something went wrong, I'm not authorized to place attachments. So I will write: Printer - Epson WF7720, WSD driver version - 10.0.19041.1 by microsoft; Printer driver application verion 2.60.00.
          But still It looks like not driver issue.
          Last edited by brych92; 05-28-2021, 12:08 PM.

Comment

Any ideas? Or should I downgrade to Foxit reader 10?

Comment

We are very sorry for the inconvenience, you can downgraded to version 10 for printing the files, and we will report it to our QA and Dev team for further investigation, and get back to you if there is any update about it, thank you.

Comment

Thank you for your time! Is it possible download version 10 from foxit web site? Or maybe you can give me direct link? Thank you in advance!

Comment

brych92 ,We didn't provide the V10 of Foxit Reader for downloading on the website.Please click here to download it directly.
                  Regarding this issue you mentioned in this thread,it has been submitted to our internal bug tracking system for our QA team to do further analysis with report ID#QCPHANTOM-27656. However,I still need your help to provide with us the following information:
                  1:Your OS information(E.g.windows 10x64bit).
                  2:Are there any other boxes (except the A4 and A3) with other papers included in your printer? Do you have the papers with the following paper sizes in your printer's paper-feed trays?
                  22,9x32,4
                  48,3x32,9
                  3: Do you mean that Foxit Reader V11 would actually print PDF page with A4(or A3) size into paper with 22,9x32,4(or 48,3x32,9)size if you have the option “choose paper source by PDF page size” selected in the print dialog box?
                  4:For your current workaround, would you please try to print PDF page with A4(or A3) size without the option “choose paper source by PDF page size” selected in the Foxit Reader print dialog box and choose to click on "Properties“ dialog box to bring up your printer properties box and select "A4(or A4)" paper size there manually? And let us know if the mentioned workaround helps?

Look forward to your reply.

Last edited by Lisa_lee; 06-01-2021, 04:21 PM.

Comment

Hello Lisa, sorry for late reply. According your questions:
                    1. Windows 10x64bit 20H2, 19042.985 build
                    2. Only A4 and A3, no any other trays.
                    3. Yes, if option not chosen, printing works normally, and paper size is taken from printer driver settings correctly, but when I switch it on, paper size switch to mentioned in first message.
                    4. As I mentioned above, printing without “choose paper source by PDF page size” works fine, even if I use A3 paper size for A4 PDF documents, and vise versa. Printed paper match chosen in printer driver settings.
                    Let me know if you will need any other information.

Comment

brych92
                      Thanks for your report, this issue is been reviewing by our develop team, will forward an update the moment we have it

Comment

Update. I found, if PDF sheet size is little less then regular A4 format like 209.9*296.7mm, it chose paper size according to printer. Also I noticed that driver gives to foxit paper size 210.0x296.9mm, maybe previous version of reader was able to manage this driver issue. Hope this will help you to solve problem sooner, Have a nice day!

Comment

Here is screenshot, https://drive.google.com/file/d/1s6A...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

brych92 .Our QA team also could replicate such issue you mentioned and it has already been escalated to our Dev team for further investigation. Any progress about it,I will get back to you again.

Comment

Hello,
                              Just wondering if this issue has been resolved. I am having exactly the same problem, but the link to download version 10 shown above doesn't work for me.

Comment

Working...
                              X