Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feedback Dark UI / Skins have gone missing

Hello all,

in the latest release v.11 the skins have vanished from the menu and a cannot find them in the manual either. I really miss the dark UI on my HDR display (not for the documents though). Why did you remove them and when are they coming back? I don't want to switch back to Adobe, but the darkmode there is still working fine...

Thanks.

tokaru707 Thanks for your feedback. I've forwarded your idea to our team for checking by ID#PHANTOM-15673, any update will inform you. thanks.

Comment

Please do something. New features in Foxit Reader 11.0 & UI are good. But dark skin is the basic feature of any application. White mode is very irritating to the eyes. It discourages me from using the application at all.

Would you guys be able to bring back the dark skin feature in Foxit Reader 11.0 by the end of June'21 or not?
      Last edited by [email protected]; 06-02-2021, 01:03 AM.

Comment

[email protected] ,I am sorry that Foxit PDF Reader and Foxit PDF Editor V11 all don't provide multiple skins for user's choice anymore.
        Regarding this situation, we have submitted the suggestion "Provide multiple skins for users' choice" as a new feature request to our product management team's reference with suggestion ID#PHANTOM-15673.
        To downgrade your Foxit Reader to V10,please uninstall the version 11 firstly and install V10 by downloading it from the link below:
        http://cdn01.foxitsoftware.com/product/reader/desktop/win/10.1.4/FoxitReader1014_L10N_Setup.exe

And as of right now ,I cannot give you the ETA about when we will add back the dark skin back since the whole user interface in V11 is a newly designed one compared to V10, the dart skin for old version 10 cannot be applicable to v11 directly.So adding a new dark skin for V11 requires a complete redesign of the entire new skin, which does take some time.
        Thanks for your kind understanding.
        Last edited by Lisa_lee; 06-15-2021, 11:24 AM.

Comment

Agree about the issue of missing Dark theme for the new version 11. Hope Foxit soon implemented the new Dark theme for the software UI (the document night mode/accessibility, on other hand, is already more than enough) just the UI of program itself).
          Last edited by nnq2603; 06-08-2021, 01:46 AM.

Comment

nnq2603 ,Thanks for your post. Also already added your comments to the suggestion that we have previously submitted to our product management team.

Comment

Come on Foxit Team do a proper dark mode for example XODO did an excellent job with dark mode https://www.xodo.com/

Comment

Just updated to V11 and was a bit disappointed to see that dark mode is gone. I can only agree to the previous replies and to OP: please bring back dark mode! I don't want to be forced to look for alternatives

Comment

Far as I am concerned the removal of dark theme in 2021 is utterly unacceptable. Thanks to this shift forcing me to have yet another app blasting a white UI in my face for no good reason, and the fact that latest update completely wiped all my setting including 20 custom stamps I use for my job...

I think I'll be searching for a new PDF software. Foxit is heading in the wrong direction.

Comment

Hi All,

Sorry for the inconvenience we've caused. The feature is omissive in new UI and we will add dark mode in future update.

Comment

Just here to add to the general wailing and gnashing of teeth; Night/dark mode is a critical ui element and not something to confine to paid versions only.
                      The night mode changes the document but not the UI... What the heck!

Comment

LiverFoxit
                        Not only paid Editor version would get dark mode back also it was going to add to free Reader.

Comment

I've registered here just to support this topic. Dark theme is a must have and downgrading to 10 is not an option, because security upgrades are even more important... Looking forward to seeing dark theme in the next version.

Best regards,
                          Your 5 years + user.

Comment

Funbit

Thanks for your post. Also already submitted your request on the Dark theme to our product management team.

Comment

Long time Foxit User. Can't believe they downgraded such a highly used feature so that they can update the UI. That's like taking 1 step forward and 2 steps backwards!

I'll give it 1 more month. If they can't bring back Dark Mode by then, I'll definitely have to make a switch to a new pdf reader.

Comment

Working...
                              X