Windows Defender Threat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows Defender Threat

I just tried to install version 11 and got this error: PUA:Win32/Presenoker from Windows Defender. I've been using Foxit Reader for many years and this is the first time it has happened. Please advise.

Hi Chris,

May I have the version number of your operating system and a screenshot to show the whole error message?

Comment

Same here.
      OS: Microsoft Windows Version 21H1 (OS Build 19043.1023).
      Screenshot:
      Click image for larger version

Name:	fir11.png
Views:	1722
Size:	20.9 KB
ID:	182974

Comment

Chris Wilson @jvs
        Those are not as dangerous as malware, they just exhibit the behavior you might not want, e.g., advertisements, installing third-party software you didn't agree to, having questionable privacy policies.
        So you can lower down your Windows Defender level and click the Actions button to continue to install Foxit program.

Comment

Chris Wilson Or you can fix your software to not be detected as a threat and avoid losing customers.

Comment

jvs
            Chris Wilson

I have forwarded the issue to our security team for further investigation, any updates, we will keep you posted.

Comment

Hmmm weird, I just got the same thing from Windows defender, is this a false positive or something we should be concerned about?

Comment

Originally posted by retsam1721 View Post
                Hmmm weird, I just got the same thing from Windows defender, is this a false positive or something we should be concerned about?
                Thank you for reporting it. May I know the detailed version number you installed with and could you please make a screenshot of the detailed warning message so I can forwarded it to our team for further checking and better advise? Thank you.

Comment

I did another scan of my laptop that I installed at the same time and it came up on that machine also with the same warning...

Comment

retsam1721

Sorry for the trouble. Where did you download Foxit PDF Reader from? May I have the download link you get?
                    Would you please try the below installation file? Deleting the previous installation file is needed.
                    https://cdn01.foxitsoftware.com/prod...Setup_Prom.exe

Thanks,

Comment

Working...
                    X