Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No Dark Mode or Skins in PDF Reader 11. But users cannot use PDF Reader 10 as well!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feedback No Dark Mode or Skins in PDF Reader 11. But users cannot use PDF Reader 10 as well!

I have been using Foxit PDF Reader 10 for a few months now and was really happy with the experience. When Version 11 released, the app auto-updated and I was sad to find that a lot of the features that I was using (skins, dark mode) were not available anymore. I still had my installation file for Foxit 10, so I reinstalled Foxit 10 and I disabled updates on the app, and on Windows Services. Now it turns out that the app uninstalls itself since it cannot update.

I am a student and I have online classes. I desperately need features like Dark Mode/Dark Skin. The 'Night Mode' on the app barely changes the text color (which can anyway already be changed in settings) and it leaves the entire UI unchanged when it is a bright white. I cannot pay $90 for the paid version of the app, but at least let me use the older version of the PDF Reader. Forcing users to take certain actions will not help anyone.

Abhinove ,I am sorry that Foxit PDF Reader and Foxit PDF Editor V11 all don't provide multiple skins for user's choice anymore.
    Regarding this situation, we have submitted the suggestion "Provide multiple skins for users' choice" as a new feature request to our product management team's reference with suggestion ID#PHANTOM-15673.
    To downgrade your Foxit Reader to V10,please uninstall the version 11 firstly and install V10 by downloading it from the link below:
    http://cdn01.foxitsoftware.com/product/reader/desktop/win/10.1.4/FoxitReader1014_L10N_Setup.exe

Comment

I just want to +1 Abhinova's feedback. The UI changes in 11 disappoint me, especially making the whole title bar bright orange, with no option for dark mode. I'm glad you provided a downgrade link so I could go back to a version that doesn't hurt my eyes.

Comment

Pellanor

Sorry for the inconvenience. Your request has been added into the case#PHANTOM-15673.
        Before we get the skin back, you may use the previous version as workaround. Thanks for your kind understanding.

Comment

How can I follow this case?

Comment

You can report this case ID here or send it by creating one ticket to support team so we can search with this case ID and update the status for you.

Comment

I have used foxit for over a decade now I think, & love it overall. Today I got the update & immediately wished for the dark skin to come back. The Orange is too bright & staring at screens alll day every little bit helps. Please bring the skin choices back!!!! Otherwise keep up the great work!

Comment

Giph ,Sorry for the inconvenience caused by the lack of dark skin mode in the V11 version. I also already added your comments to the suggestion that we have previously submitted to our product management team (suggestion ID#PHANTOM-15673).

Comment

I have chronic eyesight degradation, so the new version is so bright I literally can't use it and the link to v10 in a prior post no longer leads to an installation file. It's not even an issue of "preferences" - I have to use another reader until you reinstate a dark mode, add skin customization, or provide a valid link to a prior version. This seems like a pretty negligent oversight on the part of whoever approved this new design.

Comment

Foxit Reader 10.0 Download (Free) - Foxit Reader.exe (informer.com)
                    Last edited by LAPIII; 06-19-2021, 11:05 PM.

Comment

[email protected]

Your feedback has been forwarded to our team, they will add Change Skin back.

Now may I suggest install version10 as temp solution before we fix the issue ?

Sorry again for the trouble.

Comment

+1 to get Dark Theme back.
                        Not everyone like to use bright and partly "acid" theme colors.

Comment

Working...
                        X