Foxit reader freeze on Ubuntu 20.04

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foxit reader freeze on Ubuntu 20.04

Foxit reader freeze every time I start it on Ubuntu 20.04 and before that on Ubuntu 18.04. I have downloaded the latest version and installed it as root. Some times after a while it become alive and some times I have to restart it over and over again.
    Thank you

dooshra ,We apologize for the trouble. Our existing version of Foxit Reader for Linux's OS requirements are as folllows:
    Ubuntu Desktop 14.04 ~ 16.10
    Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 6.x (64-bit) ~ 7.x
    SUSE 12 Linux Enterprise Server
    OpenSUSE 13.2
    OpenSUSE Leap 42.x
    So it doesn't support Ubuntu 20.04.
    In addition,due to human resources limited,our developers have stopped fixing issues and developing new features for Foxit Reader for Linux. But our Dev team will We will produce a brand-new version of Foxit PDF Editor for Linux which will be based on our existing Foxit PDF Editor for windows desktop to be a substitute version of the current one.

Currently,we suggest you try out our Foxit Reader for windows desktop if you have another device which runs windows OS(windows 7,windows8 or windows 10). Please download it from our official download center below:
    https://www.foxitsoftware.com/downloads/

Any further questions or concerns,please contact us any time.

Comment

Hi! When do you expect that new Linux version to be released?

Comment

Rabia__ That is still being investigated and has not estimated date for launch. Hope you can understand. thanks.

Comment

Hi, any update on the new version of Foxit Reader for Linux?

Comment

MyraBriggs

I've forwarded your request about a new version of Foxit Reader Linux to our Product Team for further processing. Internal Suggestion ID#: MACLNX-10099.
            We'll update here if there's a new version of Foxit Reader for Linux. Thank you in advance for your kind understanding.

Comment

Working...
            X