No announcement yet.

Foxit Reader Title Bar Color

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If we can't change the color orange can we change the font color to black instead of white?

Comment

Darthward
      Darthward , currently, we cannot change the background and text color in the title bar. I have also added your feedback to the suggestion "Redesign more appropriate colors for background and texts in title bar" that we have reported previously. The suggestion report ID is:PHANTOM-15786.

Any further questions or concerns, please contact us again.

Comment

I find this stuff happening a lot in recent times, so not only with this app...

Take an app that works perfectly okay, can be configured to make it individually usable, then suddenly it has a big update and whamo! all the configs vanish... And on a whim might or might not be returned.

Why? Why? What is the purposed of this annoyance?

And finally for the Moderators, any idea when this situation will be resolved?

Thanks
        Ax

Comment

arturox
          arturox

What configurations did you miss after upgrade? Could you please also let us know what configurations you'd like to keep after the upgrde? Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Lisa_lee View Post
            we have submitted the suggestion "Provide multiple skins for users' choice" as a new feature request to our product management team's reference with suggestion ID#PHANTOM-15673. Once we provide more skins in Foxit PDF Reader, then you will be able to choose another skin you like in Foxit PDF Reader so that the color of the title bar corresponding to the Foxit PDF Reader will be the same as the newly selected skin color.
            [/SIZE]
            How about just an option to actually honour the settings I already selected in the operating system?

Comment

Originally posted by Diptera View Post

How about just an option to actually honour the settings I already selected in the operating system?
              What would be the settings you've selected in the operating system and would like to apply it to the application?

Comment

Wow, I can see you've been working on this, but what have you done?
                Version: 11.1.0.52543
                After installing this update the Title Bar is now Light Grey and the Window controls (top RHS) are White. Almost impossible to see!

Can I change it?

Comment

sedge
                  sedge
                  We apologize for any difficulty using Foxit Software. The toolbar became white was a known issue that our develop team just addressed it. Now it had been fixed and will release on next 11.x.x version, please pay attention to the update.
                  Also, here are some hotfix that you can follow to see if it helps:
                  1. Manually switch Skin: File->Skin,switch to Dack and switch to Classic again.
                  2. Clean up the registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Foxit Software\Foxit PDF Editor 11.0\Preferences\Skins After deleting the key, restart the program.
                  3. Double-click the file in the attachment Fix Skin Issue.rar, import the registry file, and restart the program. Download the file here.

Comment

There's a very simple but so good a lesson I learned 55 years ago as an apprentice, "If it ain't broke don't fix it".

The Version: 10.1.4.37651 I had to reinstall after the version 11.n.n debacle still works very well, so if your developers applied the "If it ain't broke don't fix it" rule and stopped playing with the UI., we wouldn't be in this place waiting for a proper fix. :-/

Arturox

Comment

arturox
                      arturox
                      Sorry again for the inconvenience. The bug has already been fixed and will release that version soon, please pay attention to the update.

Comment

What update and when?
                        ATM. I have updates switched OFF as I don't want a repeat of the bright Orange debacle.

Slight aside as it's another of your apps, but why do you folks choose such awful colours for your skins... I've just purchased Foxit PDF Editor, it is an a excellent app but has a skin choice of Dark which is useless to me, and a bright Purple which is a pain in the eyes to use, have you not heard of pastel colours?

Thanks
                        Arturox

Comment

arturox
                          arturox ,We are sorry that the unfriendly user interface has caused you a bad experience when using Foxit PDF Reader V11 and we appreciate your feedback on Foxit Product. We have forwarded all of your feedbacks in thread to our product management team already (report ID#PHANTOM-15786) and our product management team perused them and take these negative comments seriously,so our Foxit design team has already been assigned to work on adjusting and improving user interface/skin for a long time. You will see the changes and improvements in version 12 of Foxit PDF Editor/Reader.
                          New features and improvements for V12 are still being planned and implemented gradually, so as of right now there is still no definite time about when the V12 will be released.

Lisa_lee
                          Super Moderator
                          Last edited by Lisa_lee; 12-11-2021, 04:05 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

Ax

Comment

Working...
                            X