Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to stop the Format Pane from auto showing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• amanda_liang
    replied
    Irenaeus
    Victorel Sorry for the inconvenience. Your feedback was forwarded to our team for checking by ID#PHANTOM-15428, any update will inform you. thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Victorel
    replied
    Just downloaded new Foxit and registered to join my voice that the right-side format tab is not good.

At very least, if it pops up automatically, then it should also close automatically (when I close the comment).

But even better to have it horizontally, as in prev. versions, so that not to take horizontal space. And again - if it opens automatically, then IMO it should close like that too.

Or, right-click on note for format options - would also be much better.

Leave a comment:

• Irenaeus
    replied
    +1 -- I agree with the previous speekers that this change definetly shrinks the probability, that I continue to use Foxit a lot!

Leave a comment:

• Doris Wang
    replied
    Originally posted by beepbeep View Post
    I also registered for the forum just to comment on this. I really like Foxit overall, but the latest change to the auto-appearing, but docked formatting menu is very distracting. This type of menu is the exact reason I stopped using Acrobat.

I markup certain PDFs daily, using a line to check items off a list. The PDF is on one side of my screen and usually a related excel sheet on the other. Now, when I use comments to make a mark, my whole PDF screen is pushed to the left and shrunk down, which messes with my flow and can makes text unreadably small. The menu is huge and distracting. I would like to see either a format menu that can be undocked and moved to the top or the ribbon, or possibly one that can be squished (by expanding the actual PDF doc to the right almost all the way, the same way the bookmarks works on the left). Another option might be a free floating menu. The point is that this current menu breaks usability and makes the user do a bunch of extra mouse clicks.

Another "improvement" I'm not fond of is the color options that appear above the comment line, circle, polygon - every one. That stuff is already on the menu. The way it is now, I can't mark one line directly above the other without clicking elsewhere first, because the menu is hovering above it. If I had to pick one fix over the other I'd choose to correct the right format menu over this smaller issue.

Please listen to your users! Thank you!
    Thanks for the post. We will modify the workflow for Format tab in future update. For the improvement, to better understand the issue, may I have a screenshot for the 'color options' that appear above the comment line, circle, polygon as well as 'the menu" which is hovering above the line?

Leave a comment:

• beepbeep
    replied
    I also registered for the forum just to comment on this. I really like Foxit overall, but the latest change to the auto-appearing, but docked formatting menu is very distracting. This type of menu is the exact reason I stopped using Acrobat.

I markup certain PDFs daily, using a line to check items off a list. The PDF is on one side of my screen and usually a related excel sheet on the other. Now, when I use comments to make a mark, my whole PDF screen is pushed to the left and shrunk down, which messes with my flow and can makes text unreadably small. The menu is huge and distracting. I would like to see either a format menu that can be undocked and moved to the top or the ribbon, or possibly one that can be squished (by expanding the actual PDF doc to the right almost all the way, the same way the bookmarks works on the left). Another option might be a free floating menu. The point is that this current menu breaks usability and makes the user do a bunch of extra mouse clicks.

Another "improvement" I'm not fond of is the color options that appear above the comment line, circle, polygon - every one. That stuff is already on the menu. The way it is now, I can't mark one line directly above the other without clicking elsewhere first, because the menu is hovering above it. If I had to pick one fix over the other I'd choose to correct the right format menu over this smaller issue.

Please listen to your users! Thank you!

Leave a comment:

• Roy_Chen
    replied
    bbortoleto
    I already submitted it to our engineering as the same project list as #PHANTOM-15688, apologize for any difficulty using Foxit Software!

Leave a comment:

• bbortoleto
    replied
    Roy_Chen, as a Foxit user for 10 years or more, I completely agree with the colleagues here: it's very important to have an option to disable the auto showing of the Format Pane.

Sugestion:

Create two types of configuration for users:

1) Format Pane showing in the Option Ribbon (equal the last version). Strengths: do not disturbing the size of the page. Weakness: there are less format options.

2) Format Pane showing in the Format Pane, on the right (equal the new version but with the possibility of permanently hide and with the possibility to permanentely pin/fix the size of the Pane). Strengths: there are more format options. Weakness: there is no way to stop auto showing; reduces the size of the page.

Thanks for your time.

Regards,

Bruno.

Leave a comment:

• Roy_Chen
    replied
    war3hol3
    Understand. And that's what our engineering team is going to redesign in the next release, thanks for your report.

Leave a comment:

• war3hol3
    replied
    My full support for the request!

I do lots of online trainings those days and I have been using PDF comments as an **annotation** tool for my presentations.
    Now, all of a sudden, this became unfeasible, as I have to close the Format Panel over and over again.

There should be definitely a configuration OPTION for auto-panel on/off.

Leave a comment:

• Roy_Chen
    replied
    nordoceltic
    Thanks for your report, that would be a very constructive suggestion for our Product Team.

Leave a comment:

• nordoceltic
    replied
    This panel needs to be bindable to a hotkey for easy closing AND we should have the option for it to auto-hide when the use deselects an object that has formatting.

This "feature" is so bothersome and disruptive to my workflow (I have to annotate dozens of medical records in PDF daily) its a breaks-it fault of the program that will have me looking for a new solution for our entire business soon. This "feature" is easily doubling the time I and other workers have to spend in a document, or alternately I have to drag the window wider and thus cover up other windows I am working from. So this mean annotating, then closing the format pane, then annotating, then closing the format pane, then annotating, then closing the format pane.

Also this bar should have a VERTICAL orientation of its buttons to minimize how much it intrudes too much on the viewing area for a document. The fact I cannot resize the width of the format panel past a rather wide minimum is unacceptable. I am running at 1440p displays and this tool bar will typically intrude 20%-25% into the viewing of a typical letter-sized scanned document when it pops open.

And all this MIGHT be forgivable if it was on a hotkey like the Navigation Panel, but its not.

Leave a comment:

• Doris Wang
    replied
    Originally posted by emotional_knapsack View Post
    Spent 10 minutes registering just to ask this question. Kindly request the Foxit team to fix this. While it's a helpful feature to bring up with one click, the format pane overlaps with the page text, and intrudes twice! Once when the user tries to highlight text, and another time when one tries to add text. The pane also opens while adding a "Note" where formatting is hardly required. There must be an auto-hide feature like with the bookmarks paneClick image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2021-06-23 124251.png
Views:	1354
Size:	269.3 KB
ID:	183675
    Thanks for the suggestion. We will re-design the workflow for the panel in future update.

Leave a comment:

• emotional_knapsack
    replied
    Spent 10 minutes registering just to ask this question. Kindly request the Foxit team to fix this. While it's a helpful feature to bring up with one click, the format pane overlaps with the page text, and intrudes twice! Once when the user tries to highlight text, and another time when one tries to add text. The pane also opens while adding a "Note" where formatting is hardly required. There must be an auto-hide feature like with the bookmarks paneClick image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2021-06-23 124251.png
Views:	1354
Size:	269.3 KB
ID:	183675

Leave a comment:

• Lisa_lee
    replied
    moeeom ,We apologize for the inconvenience. Your feedback also has been submitted to our product management team.

Leave a comment:

• moeeom
    replied
    agree with this post. its getting obnoxious, and its messing with my zooming

Leave a comment:

Working...
X