Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to stop the Format Pane from auto showing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HATE THE FORMAT SIDE PANEL!!!!!!!!! Did I mention I HATE THE FORMAT SIDE PANEL??? It's intrusive and unusable for me, so much so that I went and found an old version 10 that has the format pop up in the ribbon and installed that version. I will NOT update again until that awful side panel is fixed...hopefully back to the ribbon!!!!!!!

Comment

I agree completely with all other victims of this horrible panel. it is so annoying and destroys my concentration. Please remove it as soon as possible with highest priority.

Comment

MarisaM

Thank you for your feedback, and sorry for the trouble. As you may know, we will improve the feature in our next version(version11.1), if it is released, we will post here, or you can subscribe the new release in our website.

Comment

Just adding my voice to the request to fix this issue. Please make the Format pane optional. Each time I add a date stamp from the Predefined Text tool I need to click the tool (the format pane disappears), click the sheet (the format pane reappears, changing the scale of the whole document) and then click the tool again (the format pane disappears again). This is a bit ridiculous.

Thanks!

Comment

We have improved it in new version 11.1, would you mind upgrading to it and have a try? Thank you.

Comment

The Format pane is still showing for me automatically in 11.1 - has the fix been implemented?

Comment

dwilliams Since version 11.1 Foxit PDF Reader, the format panel able to remember the last settings. Can you please hide it by manual then edit any comments or text to check if the format panel can be opened automatically? For much detailed information, please refer to the page:https://kb.foxitsoftware.com/hc/en-u...Editor-Reader-

Comment

Originally posted by amanda_liang View Post
                  dwilliams Since version 11.1 Foxit PDF Reader, the format panel able to remember the last settings. Can you please hide it by manual then edit any comments or text to check if the format panel can be opened automatically? For much detailed information, please refer to the page:https://kb.foxitsoftware.com/hc/en-u...Editor-Reader-
                  amanda_liang yes this works thanks!

Comment

Roy_Chen, (or to the tech monitoring the forum)

I also have the sames issues with the colour palette getting in the way. Thank you for getting the engineering team to look into "tweaking" the layout.
                    In some ways do prefer this new feature compared to the old method of needing to go up to the ribbon drop down all the time as I am continually changing the colour of the ink and this new window requires far fewer steps to change ink colour. Would it be possible to add the functionality of been able to make the side bar "undockable" into a "floating window" that can be movable to anywhere on the windows desktop, including outside of the Foxit Reader app? I have other software apps that do this and would love this feature in this app.. Great work on the program, it has many advantages over adobe.

would be nice if the colour selector windows could just stay open with a "checkbox" or "pin" or something also so you done need to activate the drop down, this would further reduce the steps needed to alter the ink colour..

Centrino
                    Last edited by Centrino; 01-08-2022, 04:09 PM.

Comment

Centrino
                      For the floating window request, I already submitted it to the product team as ID#PHANTOM-16580 for the next step evaluation, but for the color selector, do you mean you wanna keep the selected on the top of tool bar instead of side bar? May I have more descriptions of that part?

Comment

Working...
                      X