Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to stop the Format Pane from auto showing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lyndi_wu
    replied
    MarisaM

Thank you for your feedback, and sorry for the trouble. As you may know, we will improve the feature in our next version(version11.1), if it is released, we will post here, or you can subscribe the new release in our website.

Leave a comment:

• foxituser2021
    replied
    I agree completely with all other victims of this horrible panel. it is so annoying and destroys my concentration. Please remove it as soon as possible with highest priority.

Leave a comment:

• MarisaM
    replied
    HATE THE FORMAT SIDE PANEL!!!!!!!!! Did I mention I HATE THE FORMAT SIDE PANEL??? It's intrusive and unusable for me, so much so that I went and found an old version 10 that has the format pop up in the ribbon and installed that version. I will NOT update again until that awful side panel is fixed...hopefully back to the ribbon!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Roy_Chen
    replied
    FoxitUser821
    Thanks for your report, already add your opinion to the list, we already update this feature soon.

Leave a comment:

• FoxitUser821
    replied
    I am also very frustrated with the format menu and registered here to complain.

I annotate documents where search results are found. That #$%ing menu pops up and I have to keep clicking to get back to my list of search results. At the same time, it's very convenient when I want to change a highlight color (but overall is more trouble than it's worth as it is now). It's especially annoying when I open a document and it pops up over the search tab.

Suggestion: make options, including "do not open this menu automatically" and "open the menu but keep it in the background next to the search tab unless I want to use it and then keep it in the background when I'm done with it."

The current design just makes your software harder to use --- which seems to be a trend these days. My best guess is that product managers get an idea that works in a narrow set of circumstances, but they don't think through all the use cases and users get RSI from constant clicking.

Can you add me to the list os waiting users? Thanks.

ETA: Thanks very much for responding to people.
    Last edited by FoxitUser821; 09-01-2021, 05:43 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Lisa_lee
    replied
    toddster ,I added you to the list of waiting users list. In fact, the whole user interface in V11 is a completely redesigned new one compared to V10, that is the reason why the format panel also has been changed. All of your feedback about our Foxit format panel in this thread are highly valued. To improve the user experience while using the format panel, our product marketing department plans to redesign and implement the format panel in more than one stage. In the first stage, the format panel will still be located on the right side of the Foxit application, but we redesign the entire workflow that triggers the format panel to open, so that the Foxit application itself can remember the format panel state set by the user last time (closed status or opened status). Before the user does not actively reopen the format panel again manually, the panel will not appear again automatically when you choose a tool in the Foxit application.
    The above mentioned first stage will be implemented in the upcoming V11.1 of Foxit PDF Editor/Reader.

Leave a comment:

• toddster
    replied
    Please add me to the list of users waiting for a fix to this annoyance.

Also: You need to seriously review your product development process. How can such an intrusive UI change make it into your flagship product? I don't understand this. Incredible, really.

Leave a comment:

• Roy_Chen
    replied
    We apologize again for this difficulty using Foxit Software, our team is working on that format panel as a high-level severity project, thanks for your patience and appreciate your time.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Dear Sir/Madam,

I have been waiting for the update of Foxit PDF Reader for more than one month. The update is available today. However, the format pane is auto showing without any improvement after the new update. The format pane is extremely annoying and I close the format pane again and again!

I sincerely hope that you can stop the format pane from auto showing. I do not want to abandon this software.

Yours sincerely

Leave a comment:

• richell_huang
    replied
    Thank you for your feedback. Absolutely, I do hope the format panel issue will be improved as soon as possible, and we have already pushed the engineering team to speed it up, once there is any update we will keep you informed. Your kind understanding is highly appreciated.

Leave a comment:

• ghal
    replied
    I also would like this ''Format Pane '' stop from auto showing. It is the most annoying thing I have ever met in software. I love Foxit Reader, very convenient and helpful, extremely useful in all PDF related tasks but I made the mistake and updated the module before waiting and see the new version. Please fix the problem, the sooner the better. Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• Roy_Chen
    replied
    SZuffiaurre
    Thanks for your report, already add your suggestion to our Product Manager team for evaluation, thanks again!

Leave a comment:

• SZuffiaurre
    replied
    Hello, I have too created an account with the sole purpose of requesting the immediate change of this feature. I'm afraid it is utterly annoying and it is ruining my user experience. If you could simply set the format panel to be automatically hidden and only shown after clickling the narrow button on the right, it would be a great rapid solution.

A more permanent solution might be to have the panel open up only the first time you click on the highlighting tool. So it would remain closed for any additional times the user uses the tool, until Foxit is closed up and started again, or until the user actually desires to open up the panel and clicks on the corresponding button.

Looking forward to your comments

Leave a comment:

• Roy_Chen
    replied
    Beth83
    We apologize for any difficulty using Foxit Software, I already received same issue from other users, and I submitted it to our QA/Dev team as report id#QCPHANTOM-27909, I will forward an update the moment I have it.

Leave a comment:

• Beth83
    replied
    Just wanted to add to the thread that I too find the new format tab extremely disruptive. I close it and every time I open a new document or select a new formatting tool it reopens intrusively.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X