Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

mixed "portrait" and "landscape" document displays only portrait

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • mixed "portrait" and "landscape" document displays only portrait

    As per the title, I have a document with mixed portrait and landscape pages, but Foxit reader displays it only in portrait mode, distorting landscape pages.
    Not a document fault (displays OK in other readers).
    What am I doing wrong? or what do I need to set to display it correctly?
    Please.

  • #2
    Could you upload a sample file for checking and take the snap-shot to show the issue? Also, which version of Foxit Reader you are currently using?

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Doris Wang View Post
      Could you upload a sample file for checking and take the snap-shot to show the issue?...
      Landscape pages are displaying by default in portrait mode.
      Found the "trick" to resolve it - "rotate right" followed by "rotate left" changes display mode for the affected pages from incorrect portrait/vertical to correct landscape/horizontal.
      Unforunately this change is not permanent!
      Even after saving edited document, next time it opens it displays incorrectly.
      Shouldn't have to do it (and don't have to do it in other viewers ...)

      This is what it looks like in Foxit:
      https://photos.app.goo.gl/dCQjjN4GkiPd11TV8

      and that's what it should look like:
      https://photos.app.goo.gl/mYEAcNTveUc8QoyX8

      Originally posted by Doris Wang View Post
      Also, which version of Foxit Reader you are currently using?
      Latest version of the reader, downloaded directly from your webpage:
      https://www.foxit.com/downloads/#Foxit-Reader/
      Code:
      FoxitReader.enu.setup.2.4.4.0911.x64.run.tar.gz

      Comment


      • #4
        bambuko Thanks for your info. For "rotate page", it only effect to current viewing but not change the file, so that it did not saved. And Foxit reader for Linux does not support to change PDF files.
        For now, we would like to report the issue to QA team for checking, can you please provide sample file for testing? thanks in advance.
        (if it is confidential, please submit a ticket to us: https://www.foxit.com/support/ticket.html)

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by amanda_liang View Post
          bambuko ...For now, we would like to report the issue to QA team for checking...
          Thank you.
          I can confirm that the issue only affects Linux.
          The same viewer used in Windows with the same file, works correctly .
          I will submit a ticket (referring this thread) with a sample, as requested

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by bambuko View Post
            Thank you.
            I can confirm that the issue only affects Linux.
            The same viewer used in Windows with the same file, works correctly .
            I will submit a ticket (referring this thread) with a sample, as requested
            Thanks for the effort. We will check test the issue once receiving the ticket.

            Comment

            Working...
            X