Foxit Reader 11.0.0.49893

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bug Foxit Reader 11.0.0.49893

After upgrading to the latest version setting a scale ration in the measure box does nothing. The only way to set the scale is with calibrate. There also needs to be a way to set dimension units (example: inch or feet) other than what the scale ration is set. For example if I use calibrate to set the scale between 2 selected points as 20 feet I should then be able to measure 10 inches as inches instead of .83333 ft. Need a separate unit selector for the measurement itself. Also if I delete a measurement the format box on the left changes to something else and I have to select measure again 2 times (the first one cancels the measuring function) to get the format box up again. It's very clunky to use. It was much easier in the last version.

Edit: after more testing sometimes it does work if you type in numbers in the scale ratio boxes and press enter in each box and select units a few times. The distance tooltip on the bottom does not reflect the changes made to the ratio until after you make a measurement so you can't tell if it changes or not after making changes to the format. The tooltip should update after changes are made.
    Last edited by DaveS7; 06-24-2021, 03:38 PM.

The scale ration is a known issue that has been escalated to our development team for resolution and we will fix it in later update.

To set dimension units, could you please go to File -- Preferences -- Measuring to choose a Measurement Unit and see if it meets your need?

For 'format box on the left changes', may I have a screenshot of it? I'm unable to replicate the error. Could you record a short video to show us the error?

Comment

The format box is changing because I selected a dimension so it changes to shape style. It changes back after selecting a point for a new dimension so that is working as intended probably. Maybe the format could switch back to the measure settings after deleting a selected dimension instead of changing after you select a point. It's not clear that you are still in the measure tool. In File -> Preferences -> Measuring it would be nice if there were more options. In the scale ratio box whatever unit you have on the right of = is the unit the dimensions are displayed as. For example if I have 10 inch = 1 ft a dimension will display as ft. So if the dimension measures 6 inches it will display 0.5 ft. Or a measurement of 18 inches will display as 1.5 ft. It would be nice if I could display it as 6 inches or 1 ft 6 inches using the previous examples. The inch setting in preferences is just a generic setting. A better solution would be a setting in the measure format box allowing you to select Inches, Feet, Feet & Inches, etc. Thanks for your response.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveS7 View Post
        The format box is changing because I selected a dimension so it changes to shape style. It changes back after selecting a point for a new dimension so that is working as intended probably. Maybe the format could switch back to the measure settings after deleting a selected dimension instead of changing after you select a point. It's not clear that you are still in the measure tool. In File -> Preferences -> Measuring it would be nice if there were more options. In the scale ratio box whatever unit you have on the right of = is the unit the dimensions are displayed as. For example if I have 10 inch = 1 ft a dimension will display as ft. So if the dimension measures 6 inches it will display 0.5 ft. Or a measurement of 18 inches will display as 1.5 ft. It would be nice if I could display it as 6 inches or 1 ft 6 inches using the previous examples. The inch setting in preferences is just a generic setting. A better solution would be a setting in the measure format box allowing you to select Inches, Feet, Feet & Inches, etc. Thanks for your response.
        Thanks for the reply. The suggestions have been submitted to our product manager for evaluation with below requests.
        PHANTOM-15850:switch back to the measure settings immediately after deleting a selected dimension
        PHANTOM-15852:have more options in the scale ratio box like Feet & Inches

We will keep you informed if any of the features are available in future update.

Comment

Working...
        X