Foxit Reader locks up - Linux Mint 64 bit Cinnammon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bug Foxit Reader locks up - Linux Mint 64 bit Cinnammon

Foxit reader will not open files, and refuses to quit. I have to force close it. I am running Linux mint 20, 64 bit, and the latest version of Foxit. Foxit ran fine until I installed Cinnamon.... would really like to use Foxit again...

Foxit Reader for Linux has been discontinued for a period of time. Last version for Linux is 2.4 and there is no plan for new update. Below are supported systems.Any other system may not be well compatible with Foxit Reader.
    • Ubuntu Desktop 14.04 ~ 16.10
    • Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 6.x (64-bit) ~ 7.x
    • SUSE 12 Linux Enterprise Server
    • OpenSUSE 13.2
    • OpenSUSE Leap 42.x

Comment

ok.. bummer... I really liked foxit... too bad you can't compile what you have into a flatpak... it would probably keep running on Linux then...

Comment

GaryVass ,Though the existing Foxit Reader for Linux has discontinued, but our Dev team are already working on a brand-new Foxit PDF Editor for Linux which is compiled based on the existing Foxit PDF Editor for windows desktop,it would be a PDF editor with robust features included. It will be expected to be released at the end of this year if everything goes as scheduled.

Comment

Lisa_lee So just to be clear, are you talking about the free reader (Orange) or the overpriced editor (Purple) for Linux?

Comment

Originally posted by ocotillo View Post
            Lisa_lee So just to be clear, are you talking about the free reader (Orange) or the overpriced editor (Purple) for Linux?
            ocotillo .The one I mentioned is Foxit PDF Editor (purple) for Linux which is not free.

Comment

Working...
            X