Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tab Stops when typing using the Typewriter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tab Stops when typing using the Typewriter?

It would be amazing to be able to set Tab Stops when typing using the Typewriter.

I would envision these set in the ruler as in all other word type programs.
    Perhaps these can be connected to each typewriter box or a format you can set within each line?
    This would facilitate filling static forms without creating a million separate typewriter boxes or using space in a single typewriter box to align text to underlying fields.

Thank you!

danmirage Thanks for the post. Do you mean to disable the function of Tab key when using Typewriter? Not sure how it facilitates filling static forms to align text to underlying fields. Can you share more information about this function to us?

Comment

Originally posted by Doris Wang View Post
      danmirage Thanks for the post. Do you mean to disable the function of Tab key when using Typewriter? Not sure how it facilitates filling static forms to align text to underlying fields. Can you share more information about this function to us?
      Sorry, I mean the ability to use the ruler to set stops for tabbing in a typewriter text box (as one does in a word processor app) and then we would be able to use tab to move the cursor to the set tab stops and fill in info. I am frequently filling non-fillable forms that have 5 or more columns or adding blocks of text that I currently have to format with spaces.

Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by danmirage View Post

Sorry, I mean the ability to use the ruler to set stops for tabbing in a typewriter text box (as one does in a word processor app) and then we would be able to use tab to move the cursor to the set tab stops and fill in info. I am frequently filling non-fillable forms that have 5 or more columns or adding blocks of text that I currently have to format with spaces.

Thank you!
        Could you help to record a short video to show us what your current process looks like? Also, may I have a screenshot/photo for the 'ruler'?

Comment

Originally posted by Doris Wang View Post

Could you help to record a short video to show us what your current process looks like? Also, may I have a screenshot/photo for the 'ruler'?
          Hi Doris.

I was referring to the manner in MS word, for instance, that tab stops can be added and one can then tab directly to location.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Ruler tab stops.png
Views:	46
Size:	3.0 KB
ID:	183914

This could be a global tab stop in the ruler or be a ruler set for each typewriter instance.
          That would be VERY helpful in a document like this, for instance. Instead, I have to use spaces or create dozens of typewriter fields.

Click image for larger version

Name:	need stops.png
Views:	27
Size:	61.6 KB
ID:	183915

Comment

Working...
          X