New format tab could at least make it easier to set defaults

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feedback New format tab could at least make it easier to set defaults

The new format tab takes away at least one feature, the ability to indent paragraphs in typewriter.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Typewriter tool features gone.jpg
Views:	332
Size:	102.9 KB
ID:	183954

In addition, editing comments has become really difficult. Pasting into the comment box ignores any defaults you have set. So my comments end up totally different from the defaults I have set. They end up a pale gray color, with tiny font size, and in the wrong font. When I try to change these features it will get buggy. If I click in the box and try to make changes, nothing happens. Ok, instead I highlight all the text and try to make the font changes. Well changing the font is still buggy and it often takes several trys before it will change.

Name:	Pop up notes.jpg
Views:	360
Size:	129.7 KB
ID:	183953

I would also think that if it were going to be so intrusive and eat up so much screen real estate that it would at least allow you to set defaults. Pick out your quick colors for the highlighter/underline/pencil/ect. And the option to set the quick defaults.

Name:	Last pic.jpg
Views:	305
Size:	121.5 KB
ID:	183951
    Attached Files

Beth83
    1. "The new format tab takes away at least one feature, the ability to indent paragraphs in typewriter"
    That's because those three tools will be enabled in Add Text from Edit tab which Reader doesn't have.
    2. "In addition, editing comments has become really difficult."
    Understand, the key point is that so far the Comment font size settings in the Preferences or properties default setting have no any effect on the pop-up font size, otherwise, users just need to adjust the font with right format panel or settings under Preferences, so I submitted a bug report to our QA/Dev team as report id#QCPHANTOM-27954.
    3."I would also think that if it were going to be so intrusive and eat up so much screen real estate that it would at least allow you to set defaults"
    Actually we received so many negative comments on the format panel and comment tool, and I also submitted your report to the product team for adding a feature or tool that make this 4 color circle hide when set as default, id#PHANTOM-15867.

We apologize for any difficulty using Foxit Software, hope the above information makes sense to you. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
    X