• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem uninstalling Foxit Cloud

I uninstalled Foxit Cloud and got this message:
    "Foxit Cloud uninstall complete.
    Some elements could not be removed. These can be removed manually."

How can I find out what elements were not removed, and how to remove them manually?

I don't need or want Foxit Cloud.
    Why isn't this offered as an option so it doesn't get installed in the first place?

I had the same problem yesterday ... and am furious with Foxit for wasting so much of my time yesterday with the update that included the space waster toolbar, the cloud and that conduit malware.

I completely agree that it should be opt-in.

I had the same error during uninstall. (but was so focused on the malware that I didn't post about it)

I will dig little deeper in my system today regarding this cloud stuff, and will report back.

Comment

Thanks icerabbit,

I looked in Task Scheduler, Services, msconfig startup, and Autoruns.
      I didn't find anything.

Foxit should explain what's going with the new version!

Comment

I had a quick look over lunch and didn't spot anything out of the ordinary. I don't recall specifically whether I removed something yesterday with WinPatrol though. I've looked today with hijack this also and I don't see anything foxit or related out of the ordinary.

Comment

Hi Guys,

Normally the uninstallation of Cloud Reading from 'Control Panel'->'Add/Remove Programs' should remove anything relevant to Cloud Reading on your computer. It's just a plugin added to the installation folder of your Foxit Reader and add a Foxit Cloud folder to your registry.

For the offering during the installation wizard, I've forwarded it to Reader PM team for processing. Suggestion ID#: PMWQ-658. Thank you.

Comment

Thank you cherry for the reply,

I found a solution that works for me.
            With an update to version 6.1.4.0217 a "Foxit Cloud" auto startup service is started.
            If I stop that service BEFORE uninstalling Foxit Cloud, I do NOT get this error.
            It seems the install process starts the service (and process), but the uninstall does not stop it and gets an error.

I don't like having to uninstall a program I don't want in the first place ...
            Why is "Foxit Cloud" not an option that I can opt out of, before it is installed?

With this and the other thread/question I asked about malware, I'm having a hard time recommending or using Foxit ...
            http://forums.foxitsoftware.com/foru...7-have-malware

Respectfully,
            David

Comment

got the same problem, how do I pls uninstall/delete FOXIT so that I can reinstall it? FOXIT worked well until Ive installed some automatic foxit update and now the program only starts once, when I close it, it doesnt start again until I restart PC. uninstall: writes only can be uninstalled at Win8, deleting: cant delete (not read only files), reinstalling: newer version already installed. 'Control Panel'->'Add/Remove Programs': there is no FOXIT there, I probably have some portable version.

please help, thanks

Comment

ah, it is in 'Control Panel'->'Add/Remove Programs', but writes the same as after clicking uninstall.exe: only can be uninstalled in 64-bit windows

Comment

@David_E,

The mentioned "Foxit Cloud uninstall complete. Some elements could not be removed. These can be removed manually." error would appear if you uninstall Cloud Reading plugin from 'Control Panel'->'Add/Remove Programs' with Foxit Reader program opening. If you close Foxit Reader before performing the uninstallation, you'll have the message "Foxit Cloud uninstall complete."
                  Regarding the OpenCandy third-party software feedback, I've forwarded all your comments posted in that thread to Reader PM team for processing references. Thank you.

@Jaromir83,

If you've already uninstalled Foxit Reader from 'Control Panel'->'Add/Remove Programs', please try to clear the following registry and see if it helps: Go to "Start"->"Run"-> input regedit -> find "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Foxit Software\Foxit Reader" and delete the whole folder of Foxit Reader; Find "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHIINE\SOFTWARE\Foxit Software\Foxit Reader" and deleted the Foxit Reader folder if there's any. Thank you.

Comment

Thank you cherry for the reply,

I found a solution that works for me.
                    With an update to version 6.1.4.0217 a "Foxit Cloud" service is started.
                    If I stop that service BEFORE uninstalling Foxit Cloud, I do NOT get this error.
                    It seems the install process starts the service (and process) with Auto Start, but the uninstall does not stop it and gets an error.

I don't like having to uninstall a program I don't want in the first place ...
                    Why is "Foxit Cloud" not an option that I can opt out of, before it is installed?

I tried to post this info 2 times before and my posts are not displayed ...
                    Hopefully this post works, or let me know if I am banned ...

Respectfully,
                    David

Comment

Working...
                    X