Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Foxit reader not showing correct font (but only in my pc)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

End of February? This is much too late. This has to be fixed with an update in the current version. I have more and more PDFs that have this problem. It is becoming unusable.

Comment

conte.carli ,Sorry again for the trouble. We will continue monitoring the issue in our internal system from our end and keep you informed for any further progress about it. Before we release Foxit PDF Reader V12, please choose to downgrade to Foxit PDF Reader V11.1 or Foxit Reader V10 for getting around the issue.
      Last edited by Lisa_lee; 01-07-2022, 12:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lisa_lee View Post
        conte.carli ,Sorry again for the trouble. We will continue monitoring the issue in our internal system from our end and keep you informed for any further progress about it. Before we release Foxit PDF Reader V12, please choose to downgrade to Foxit PDF Reader V11.1 or Foxit Reader V10 for getting around the issue.
        I have installed Foxit 10 and now the fonts are ok at foxit reader. But if I open the pdfs within (any) web browser, there is still the Alienleague font replacing helvetica. In deed It still happens if I completely uninstall Foxit reader and clean all of its traces from my pc, it seems that the plugin is "stuck" at the browser no matter what I wiil do.

Looking forward to get that Foxit 12 and hoping the issue is solved at the app and at the browser plugin.

Comment

Cyrix386 conte.carli ekael
          The issue had been fixed on an some of the users who experienced the same bug had confirmed it already, please try to download and install a beta version to see if it works:
          https://sync-us.foxitsoftware.com/qa...2.02.57096.exe

Comment

Originally posted by Roy_Chen View Post
            Cyrix386 conte.carli ekael
            The issue had been fixed on an some of the users who experienced the same bug had confirmed it already, please try to download and install a beta version to see if it works:
            https://sync-us.foxitsoftware.com/qa...2.02.57096.exe
            Hi Roy_Chen

I've installed your attached file and it seems to fix the problem, now I see the correct fonts at my documents. However in browsers I still see the f****d Alienleague font. But I think that the foxit plugin is not working within browsers, as I read this at your webpage:
            https://kb.foxitsoftware.com/hc/en-u...a-Web-Browser-
            "Note:Firefox,Google Chrome and Opera these browsers all no longer support the NPAPI style plugins,so Foxit PDF plug-in can not work in Firefox(version 52 and above),Google Chrome(version 45 and above) and Opera(version 12.17 and above) anymore."

I have browsed in Chrome web store and downloaded this html5 plugin to load pdf files in browser, and with this plugin the Alienleague font is gone (but if I disable the plugin, the font returns).

Anyway I can say that the issue is fixed, as I can use again Foxit as my default pdf viewer. Thank you for your work.

Comment

I still haven't received an update for Foxit PDF Editor. It was promised by end of February. Why is this not getting fixed? I have more and more PDFs that are unreadable.

Comment

conte.carli I understand that how this issue would impact on your side and I can totally understand your frustration here. The fix of this bug is planned to be included in version 12.0, 12.0 is a major version which our Developers and Product engineers are still working on. We can't promise you accurate time when it would be available but we could give your estimated time. This new release should be available in May if everything goes well.
                The internal Sprint version has already fixed this issue, if you'd like, we could provide you an internal version as workaround for you before the new version been released. If you're interested, you may submit a ticket here: https://www.foxit.com/support/ticket.html?isReturn=1 to get the download link of internal version and give it a try.

Thank you.

Comment

In May?! Why is such a serious bug, which makes your software totally unusable, not fixed immediately. This thread was started in November. You expect people to wait over half a year for a fix of a crippling bug? I thought this was a professional software and a true alternative to Adobe. Everybody complains about the constant updates Adobe delivers, but at least things get fixed. I wish I had never changed from Adobe.

Comment

conte.carli ,We do apologize for the trouble that our program has caused you. After our QA and Dev team have received the issue that you posted on this forum, they took this issue seriously and worked hard to find out the cause of the issue, so the cause of the problem was quickly located in mid-December last year. However, compiling a stable version to fix this problem requires complex code modification and testing procedures, the whole process needs to cost some time and they also need to develop new features for version 12 in parallel. Finally, the stable internal version got compiled around February 2022.
                    Therefore, it is too late to apply the fix into version 11.2.1 which was officially released at the end of January 2022. So the fix is eventually be postponed to be applied in the next major release version which is version 12.
                    Anyway,I will forward your feedback to our product marketing to let them hear customers' feelings and advise them to arrange more human resources in our Dev team to fix some critical issues more timely in the future.
                    I have also already sent you an internal version that has fixed this problem. Would you please help to check your inbox to download and install the internal version at your convenience and let us know if the issue will really not arise again in the internal version on your side?

Last edited by Lisa_lee; 03-12-2022, 12:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X