Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a way to add specific colored "highlight text" shortcuts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feature Is there a way to add specific colored "highlight text" shortcuts?

This feature is available on Foxit PDF Editor for iPadOS, but not for Windows, as far as I know. In iOS, using the "home" tab, you can create multiple shortcuts, which include, for example, a yellow highlight and a red highlight and a green highlight, all of them right next to the other. In Windows version, it takes multiple clicks to be able to use multiple "highlight text" colors, which makes the process of reading a document and highlighting text with many colors impractical. So, I'd like to know:

1. Is there a way to quickly change the "highlight text" color to another custom color without multiple clicks in Windows?

2. In iPadOS version, is there a way to make the highlighter instantly apply to text when using Apple Pencil? Currently, it requires holding in position for a few moments before actually highlighting. (if you try using it quickly it "moves the page position", like a hand tool, instead of "highlighting"). My suggestion would be to use this "move page position" function when using the user's fingers and using the highlight instantly when having the highlighter selected and using the Apple Pencil.

Just to add on what woodymcz said, when I highlight a line in Foxit Reader, a small panel pops up right on top of the line with 4 preset colors which can be used to change the color of the highlighted text. I want to know if there are any way to change these default colors? For example, instead of the default red color given, I want auburn when I click on the last circle as in the snapshot below. I know how to change the default highlight color, but I do not know, if it exists, how to change these 4 preset colors.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_2021-11-07_105827.png Views:	0 Size:	58.8 KB ID:	185697

Comment

woodymcz @hoanglongnasha

Currently it is not supported to customize the preset highlight colors. I could see how this feature is useful in your cases. I've forwarded your comments to internal Suggestion ID#: PHANTOM-4528 for the Product team's further evaluating and processing.

@woodymcz,

Regarding "make the highlighter instantly apply to text when using Apple Pencil", I've forwarded your feedback to Foxit internal bug tracking system for processing. Internal Report ID#: MOB-5340. We'll update here when there's further info. Or you may submit a ticket (https://www.foxit.com/support/ticket.html?isReturn=1) with this Report ID# to check with support personel.

Thank you.

Comment

Working...
      X