Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PDF reader either slow to complete the open function or slow to close!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PDF reader either slow to complete the open function or slow to close!

Hi, i'm a bit of a n00b so forgive me if this has been covered before...

I have noticed that, if i try to close a PDF file soon after opening it, FoxitReader takes a significant amount of time to close. maybe up to 10 seconds.
    but if i wait for 15-20 seconds before attempting to close it, it closes immediately!

i have tried various PDFs (from scanners and generated by Word etc) and all exhibit the same symptoms.
    This only seems to be a problem on a fresh installation on my new w10 PC, as a previous installation on my old PC works fine. but it's difficult to check every setting to compare the setups.

it seems as though the reader is "busy" after loading the file and that prevents the close operation from responding immediately...

has anyone else seen the same symptoms (and has a solution)?

K

LizaT
    LizaT

Sorry for the trouble. Please help provide us with the below info for further investigation.
    1. The version of Foxit Reader you use. You can go to Help>About Foxit PDF Reader to check it.
    2. Does it occur when you double-click PDF file to launch Foxit PDF Reader?
    3. Can you get the issue when you launch Foxit first without any pdf file then close? If it happens to a specific pdf file, please send us the sample for internal test.
    4. Send us the screenshot of the panel"Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Administrative Tools\System Information".
    5. Would you please open Foxit, go to File>Preferences>General, uncheck the option"Show Start Page", "Show Advertisement" and "Show floating promotion page" and check which one make any difference?

If it is inconvenient to upload here, would you please help submit the issue from Support Ticket page with the Summary including "Lyndi attention" , we can better follow up. Thanks.

Comment

1 Version: 11.1.0.52543
      2 yes
      3 no ,just opening and closing PDF reader works OK. if I open PDF reader, then open an existing file from the recent list, I get the problem. i have uploaded a file.
      4 ...

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
      Version 10.0.19044 Build 19044
      Other OS Description Not Available
      OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
      System Name DESKTOP-EVTEEA1
      System Manufacturer Dell Inc.
      System Model Vostro 3400
      System Type x64-based PC
      System SKU 0A23
      Processor 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-1135G7 @ 2.40GHz, 2419 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
      BIOS Version/Date Dell Inc. 1.9.0, 08/10/2021
      SMBIOS Version 3.2
      Embedded Controller Version 255.255
      BIOS Mode UEFI
      BaseBoard Manufacturer Dell Inc.
      BaseBoard Product 0GGCMJ
      BaseBoard Version A02
      Platform Role Mobile
      Secure Boot State On
      PCR7 Configuration Elevation Required to View
      Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS
      System Directory C:\WINDOWS\system32
      Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
      Locale United States
      Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "10.0.19041.1151"
      User Name DESKTOP-EVTEEA1\lizat
      Time Zone GMT Standard Time
      Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB
      Total Physical Memory 7.73 GB
      Available Physical Memory 1.42 GB
      Total Virtual Memory 13.4 GB
      Available Virtual Memory 2.41 GB
      Page File Space 5.70 GB
      Page File C:\pagefile.sys
      Kernel DMA Protection On
      Virtualization-based security Not enabled
      Device Encryption Support Elevation Required to View
      Hyper-V - VM Monitor Mode Extensions Yes
      Hyper-V - Second Level Address Translation Extensions Yes
      Hyper-V - Virtualization Enabled in Firmware Yes
      Hyper-V - Data Execution Protection Yes

5 unchecked them all, slightly different look (because of "no start page"?) but still a delay.

TIA

K
      Attached Files

Comment

LizaT
        LizaT

Thanks for your kind update. I've tested the file on our side using the PDF document and per your instructions, but I cannot reproduce the mentioned problem. So would you mind providing the following more info so we could escalate the issue to our engineers for further investigation?
        1) Did you any software (E.g. Palo Alto GlobalProtect) that would use the VPN line?
        2) Did you have the software with Webroot Secure Sevice enabled?
        3) Log. Please help open "Launch Foxit in debug mode" via (File->Preference->General->tick "Launch Foxit in debug mode") then reproduce the problem to generate the log file. The log will be located in "C:\Users\[current username]\AppData\Local\Foxit PDF Editor or Foxit Reader\glog" then pack the glog folder and send to us.

Thank you again.

Comment

1) not knowingly
          2) not knowingly
          3) see attached, please note that prevoius example PDF was stored on a synchronised NAS drive. The one in glog\7 was on the c:drive...

glog.zip

TIA

L
          Attached Files
          LizaT
          Last edited by LizaT; 12-09-2021, 08:37 AM. Reason: more detail provided.

Comment

LizaT
            LizaT ,Thanks for providing us requested information. This situation "Foxit PDF reader either slow to complete the open function or slow to close" has been submitted to our internal bug tracking system for Our QA team to further work on it. The report ID for this case is :QCPHANTOM-29066. Any progress about it,we will keep you informed.

Comment

Working...
            X