Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can Foxit display with no left margin? Its seems to be anchored to the right.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can Foxit display with no left margin? Its seems to be anchored to the right.

Foxit is, for the most part quite logical. But one thing is terrible. It seems to default to displaying a PDF with a large left margin so when I'm trying to use the full width of my screen (without space wasting margins), I continually have to drag the text around to centre it. I need it to default to zero margin on the left. I've tried "Fit Visible" but that doesn't work at all. Nor does Fit Width. They both display with the text spilling over the right side. How can something so important be ignored? The problem may be the built in margins in the original document. Surely we have the technology to override them? We can split the atom but we can't display a page properly? A lot of PDF's have very tiny fonts so enlarging them as much as we can using the full width of our widescreen monitors is the only way of comfortably reading some of them. Another problem is often the scans move side to side as you page down the document so it needs to be auto-centered as you progress. Otherwise if you've maximized to the full width on the next page or so you'll have to use the hand tool to drag the text to the left over and over.

This is really important because a lot of older text is only on PDF and can only be on PDF. Sure you can try to convert using Calibre but this is often strewn with errors. Its always best to try to make it work right with the original. Conversion is asking for trouble (though it sometimes works well).

Thanks for the post. To better understand your need, could you please help to confirm below information?
    1 A screenshot to show the 'large left margin'.
    2 A screenshot to show the issue 'They both display with the text spilling over the right side.'?
    3 Does Read Mode (Ctrl + H, or right click a page and choose Read mode) meet your need?
    4 The Hand tool is unable to dray text by design. Should it be Annotation that you drag?

If possible, could you record a short video to show us the problem you have?

Comment

Working...
    X