Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Editing tool keeps switching to select while attempting to type.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Editing tool keeps switching to select while attempting to type.

I am having an issue with my editing tools switching to the select tool while in the midst of editing my PDFs. To be more clear, when I choose the Typewriter tool- as soon as I click on the document, it switches back to the select tool. This means that if I want to type multiple things in a row, I need to go and re-select the typewriter tool between each time.

I know that there was a change in the default tools, but in my understanding that was only to apply to newly opened PDFs, not to PDFs which are already open and being edited. What can I do to prevent this from happening? It's a little thing, but causes me to take a lot of extra time to complete simple tasks.

I am using:

Foxit PDF Reader Version: 11.2.1.53537

on:

Edition Windows 10 Pro
    Version 21H2
    Installed on ‎2/‎24/‎2021
    OS build 19044.1620
    Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4170.0

Thank you.

I actually found the answer when reading about other issues. I'll put the answer here in case anyone needs the fix. Choose the "Comment" option on the menu ribbon and select the "Keep Tool Selected" option to the far right of the tool ribbon.

Comment

AngThanks,it is very kind of you to post the solution you found for all users on our forum. We also provide an article about this situation in our knowledge base center.you may click here to access the mentioned article.

Comment

Working...
      X