Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Annoying issues with the latest version (list)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roy_Chen
    replied
    thehappiestone
    Appreciate your time. I already got the same result as you said. So I submitted it to the QA/Dev team for investigating as report id# QCPHANTOM-30578, I will forward any update the moment I have it.

Leave a comment:

• thehappiestone
    replied
    Originally posted by joe_yang View Post
    thehappiestone

Thanks for the feedback.

Can you please help to provide us below information and we will see if can reproduct this issue on our side ?

1.sample document

2.screenshots of operations&error message if any

3.screenshot of product name and version you are using by go to help menu->about Foxit PDF Editor/Reader .
    Please see below a comprehensive guide:

1. Open any pdf document with the latest version of Foxit Reader (ver. 12.0.0.12394)
    2. Create a textbox (Comment > Textbox)
    3. Type some cyrillic symbols in the textbox you created (here is something written in cyrillic for you: В вашем фоксите полно багов.)
    4. Highlight some of the cyrillic symblos you just typed in the textbox (highlighting can be done by holding you left mouse button and draggin the cursor across the cyrillic text)
    5. Make sure you highlighted some cyrillic symbols (their background will change, you will be able to see it)
    6. Click "B" (Make bold) function in the "Format tab" ("Format tab" appears on the right side of the window as you activate a textbox)
    7. See the result. (i.e. cyrillic symbols will not become "bold"

Leave a comment:

• joe_yang
    replied
    thehappiestone

Thanks for the feedback.

Can you please help to provide us below information and we will see if can reproduct this issue on our side ?

1.sample document

2.screenshots of operations&error message if any

3.screenshot of product name and version you are using by go to help menu->about Foxit PDF Editor/Reader .

Leave a comment:

• thehappiestone
    replied
    Originally posted by thehappiestone View Post

i.e. when you highlight the text in a textbox and click "B" (make the text bold) - nothing happens if the text is typed in Cyrillic font/symbols
    Just realized it's even more broken than I was thinking.

You can't make any text bold (latin or cyrillic) if you first type in a textbox and then try to highlight it and click"B" option 😅

BUT: if you create a textbox, then click "B" option, and then you type - the text will be bold

Leave a comment:

• thehappiestone
    replied
    Originally posted by thehappiestone View Post
    Just found another bug in the latest version:
    cyrillic symbols in text boxes cannot be made bold anymore.
    but still works with latin symbols.
    i.e. when you highlight the text in a textbox and click "B" (make the text bold) - nothing happens if the text is typed in Cyrillic font/symbols

Leave a comment:

• thehappiestone
    replied
    Just found another bug in the latest version:
    cyrillic symbols in text boxes cannot be made bold anymore.
    but still works with latin symbols.

Leave a comment:

• Lisa_lee
    replied
    thehappiestone,Thanks for sending us the other evidence about the lagging issue when using "arrows" or "backspace". Now the issue "use arrows whithin the text in a text box or use "backspace" to delete some text - Foxit starts lagging" has beeb submitted to our internal bug tracking system for our QA team to do further analysis as well with report ID#QCPHANTOM-30461. We will keep you informed for any new updates about this issue.

Concerning the text box size issue (report ID#QCPHANTOM-29821),I have just reminded our QA team of this issue again and will also keep you posted for any new progress about it.

Any further questions or concerns,please contact us again at any time.

Leave a comment:

• thehappiestone
    replied
    Originally posted by amanda_liang View Post
    thehappiestone Sorry for the trouble. I've reported these issue to our team for checking. When there is any update, I'll inform you at once. Thanks.
    Thank you very much for that in advance.

I have discovered another evidence that using "arrows" or "backspace" within the text somehow interacts with the buttons in the "format tab":
    - if you hit "arrows" fast enough - you can see that different icons (elements in the "format tab") light up... as if you just clicked them (already mentioned that in a previous post)
    - if you hide the "format tab" - there's no more lagging (because there's nothing for the "arrows" / "backspace" to interact with, I assume?)
    - using "delete" key (instead of "backspace") does not cause lagging (because "delete" cannot activate any icons in the "format tab", I think)

Also, I repeatedly ask you to fixt the issue I mentioned previously:
    Text box size bug: when Foxit does not allow you to make the box smaller than a certain size. E.g. if you use font size 4, the size of the box is going to be much bigger than required for such font size, but you cannot make it smaller.

Leave a comment:

• amanda_liang
    replied
    thehappiestone Sorry for the trouble. I've reported these issue to our team for checking. When there is any update, I'll inform you at once. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• thehappiestone
    replied
    thehappiestone Thanks. For Justify issue, I've reported it to QA team for checking, track ID# QCPHANTOM-30444. Any update will inform you, thanks.
    For lagging issue, is it possible to update Foxit and system to see result? New version 12.0 Foxit PDF Reader released a few days ago and it improved some features.
    I am currently using ver. 12.0.0.12394 and I started experiencing this issue with the new version. It wasn't there when I was using ver. 11...

Leave a comment:

• amanda_liang
    replied
    thehappiestone Thanks. For Justify issue, I've reported it to QA team for checking, track ID# QCPHANTOM-30444. Any update will inform you, thanks.
    For lagging issue, is it possible to update Foxit and system to see result? New version 12.0 Foxit PDF Reader released a few days ago and it improved some features.

Leave a comment:

• thehappiestone
    replied
    thehappiestone Thanks for the info. I've made test as description but unable to reproduce the issue in latest version 12.0 Foxit. Attached pictures shows detailed. Can you please check them and tell me your idea? thanks.
    For lagging issue when move/delete text by arrows/backspace, it unable to replicate,either. As mentioned that "a weak PC", can you please check if the PC able to run application smoothly?
    "Justify" alignment is not supposed to work for a single line of text... You need several lines of text to "justify" it. So, try typing a few lines in Cyrillic to be able to reproduce the issue.
    See the image attached by me.
    The large spaces between words in the image actually have only 1 space between them (i.e. a single spacebar hit). "," (coma) also behaves weirdly - you can also see it in the image.

As for the lagging problem - like I said: using "arrow keys" activates interaction with the "format tab" when you are trying to move around the text with those "arrow keys". This is the issue.
    But since your PC is probably running faster than mine, you cannot see it. I cannot make a video due to my company policy.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• amanda_liang
    replied
    thehappiestone Thanks for the info. I've made test as description but unable to reproduce the issue in latest version 12.0 Foxit. Attached pictures shows detailed. Can you please check them and tell me your idea? thanks.
    For lagging issue when move/delete text by arrows/backspace, it unable to replicate,either. As mentioned that "a weak PC", can you please check if the PC able to run application smoothly?
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• thehappiestone
    replied
    Using a bracket ")" at the end of the line + justify function also behaves as if there's a space between the bracket and the word

Leave a comment:

• thehappiestone
    replied
    thehappiestone Thanks for your updates. Is it possible to make screenshot pictures or video to record the alignment issue and sent to me? Then I can check detailed and make tests, thanks in advance.
    Hello, Amanda! I'm not sure what kind of video or screenshot you want me to take to demonstrate this issue, but it can be pretty easily recreated. Just copy some text typed with Cyrrilic symbols (you can use Russian for that) and paste it in a text box, then hit justify and see the result for yourself - most likely the adjustment (spaces between words) won't look even to you.
    One more thing: using quotation marks (") with "justify" function also behaves as if there is a space between the word and the quotation mark... Thus giving you this result if the word starting with a quotation mark is at the end of the line:
    begging of the line : we are happy to welcome you at ": end of the line
    begging of the line : Fun toys for adults. Enjoy our ... : end of the line
    Hopefully this represents what I mean clearly.

Furthermore,
    As I understand none of the issues I mentioned were addressed in the recent updates. Which is disappointing.
    Your method for a custom color scheme works as a temporary solution. Still I can't understand why you would put BLACK and WHITE as default colors in the pop-up menu... I just can't... Not like these are rarely used or somethig...

Oh, and one more issue came up with the latest update:
    Now when you use arrows whithin the text in a text box or use "backspace" to delete some text - Foxit starts lagging (which can be easily noticed on a weak PC). Apparently, arrows and backspace somehow interact with the format tap... Cause its elements light up when I hit arrows to more around the text in a text box.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X