Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bug 4 inconvenient errors spotted in Version 12.0.0.12394

Dear Foxit PDF Reader Team,

I always encourage my students to use Foxit PDF Reader software for its convenience.
    Today, I downloaded the latest version 12.0.0.12394 and tested it, but I spotted 4 critical errors while testing.
    I had to reinstall the previous version,11.2.2.53575 because those errors were too inconvenient.

Could you fix the following errors as soon as possible?

[1]

If you open multiple pdfs files(about 10 or more pdfs) and work on them, the tabs do not open in the right position.
    For example, the most recently opened tab should always be on the far right, correct?
    However, when multiple pdfs were opened, the most recently opened tab was located on the leftmost side.
    In the previous version, the first pdf opened was always pinned to the left, and subsequent pdfs were placed on the right in the order they were opened.
    Please make sure that the first pdf file the user opens is always pinned to the left.

[2]

I often use the "Next Tab" & "Previous Tab" commands to switch between multiple pdf files (about 10 or more pdfs) in the tab bar.
    However, when using those commands in version 12, the pdf files are switched randomly at will sometimes.
    So I can't switch or move to the next tab or the previous tab (in the order of the tabs).
    Please check the 'tab switching' error and fix it, please.

[3]

In the previous version, once I closed the Navigation Panels on the left ("Hide Navigation Panels"),
    the panels were still hidden when I opened another pdf file.
    But in version 12, even if I close the Navigation Panels, it keeps opening when I open another pdf file.
    Please make it permanently hidden, once the user closes/hides the Navigation Panels.

[4]

Similar to #3 above, when the user sets or clicks "Minimize the Ribbon" once, please make it the default.
    In version 12, even when the user clicks "Minimize the Ribbon", the option is turned off and the Ribbon automatically expands again when another pdf file is opened.
    It needs to be a default setting after the user sets or clicks "Minimize the Ribbon" once.

The 4 errors above are all technical issues that I've never encountered in the previous version,11.2.2.53575.
    I hope that those errors will be corrected as soon as possible (please test them).
    Look forward to hearing your feedback soon.
    Thank you.

CKCK,We apologize for any difficutly using Foxit Software. Concerning the four issues you mentioned,please see our comments below (marked with A : )

[1]: The first issue "open multiple pdfs files(about 7 or more pdfs) , the tabs do not respond/operate properly." has been submitted to our internal bug tracking system for our QA team to do further analysis with report ID#QCPHANTOM-30419.

[2]:The second issue you mentioned,please help to do the following setting in your Foxit PDF Reader to see if it will help:
    Go to "File"tab>"Preferences”>"General">please uncheck the option "Use recent order when switching tabs with "Ctrl+tab" ,click on "OK" to save the setting. For details,please refer to the attached screenshot:tabs.jpg.

[3]:The issue about unable to perpetually hide navigation panel ,it could be replicated on our side.It has been reported to our internal bug tracking system already with report ID#QCPHANTOM-30417.

[4]:The issue about when the user clicks "Minimize the Ribbon", the option is turned off and the Ribbon automatically expands when another pdf file is opened,it also could be replicated on our side.It has been reported to our internal bug tracking system already with report ID#QCPHANTOM-30418.

We will keep you informed for any updates about the three issues that I have reported in our internal bug tracking system and please let us know whether second issue will disappear or not after you ncheck the option "Use recent order when switching tabs with "Ctrl+tab" in preferences dialog box.

Look forward to your reply.

Attached Files

Comment

Dear Lisa_lee,

Appreciate your answers.

Now it works if I uncheck the option "Use recent order when switching tabs with "Ctrl+tab".

Thank you (#2 resolved)!

However, it is still very inconvenient due to the other 3 bugs I reported above.

So I would be grateful if you could fix them as soon as possible.

In the meantime, I will use the previous version 11.2.2.53575 until you publish the updated version.

Thank you.
      Last edited by CKCK; 07-03-2022, 01:52 PM.

Comment

CKCK,Thanks for letting us know the result about the point 2. For the other three issues,I will keep you informed once there is any new progress about them.

Comment

I also switched back to 11.2.2.53575 because of same reasons as CKCK! So annoying bugs, I can't work on version 12. 🤔 Anyway, I'm glad someone is taking care about it and hope to see things fixed soon.
          Thank you.

Comment

Hi Lisa_lee

I just downloaded and tested Version 12.0.1.12430 (Release Date: July 29, 2022).
            But sadly, none of what I mentioned above haven't rectified...😑

Could you fix the following 4 bugs as soon as possible? joule1309 also raised the same issues above.
            These bugs still occur even in the latest version 12.0.1.12430 (Release Date: July 29, 2022).

[1]

If you open multiple pdfs files(about 10 or more pdfs) and work on them, the tabs do not open in the right position.
            For example, the most recently opened tab should always be on the far right, correct?
            However, when multiple pdfs were opened, the most recently opened tab was located on the leftmost side.
            In the previous version, the first pdf opened was always pinned to the left, and subsequent pdfs were placed on the right in the order they were opened.
            Please make sure that the first pdf file the user opens is always pinned to the left.

[2]

I often use the "Next Tab" & "Previous Tab" commands to switch between multiple pdf files (about 10 or more pdfs) in the tab bar.
            However, when using those commands in version 12, the pdf files are switched randomly at will sometimes.
            So I can't switch or move to the next tab or the previous tab (in the order of the tabs).

[3]

In the previous version, once I closed the Navigation Panels on the left ("Hide Navigation Panels"),
            But in version 12, even if I close the Navigation Panels, it keeps opening when I open another pdf file.
            Please make it permanently hidden, once the user closes/hides the Navigation Panels.

[4]

Similar to #3 above, when the user sets or clicks "Minimize the Ribbon" once, please make it the default.
            In version 12, even when the user clicks "Minimize the Ribbon", the option is turned off and the Ribbon automatically expands again when another pdf file is opened.
            It needs to be a default setting after the user sets or clicks "Minimize the Ribbon" once.

FYI, the bug no. 2 above is still unstable even if I follow your earlier advice.
            So please review and fix the overall 4 bugs above again.
            Those are the ones that I've never encountered in the previous version,11.2.2.53575.
            Look forward to hearing your feedback soon.
            Thank you.
            Last edited by CKCK; 08-01-2022, 04:59 AM.

Comment

CKCK, Thanks for getting back to us.The newly released version 12.0.1.12430 is a security version for only fixing security vulnerabilities which didn't fix bugs,that is the reason why the issues detected in version 12.0.0 still persists in version 12.0.1.
              I have just checked the status of those issues you have mentioned in our internal system,following are the latest progresses:
              [1]If you open multiple pdfs files(about 10 or more pdfs) and work on them, the tabs do not open in the right position.
              A:The report ID for this issue in our internal system is#QCPHANTOM-30419. For the existing tabs ordering situation, it is actually a new feature that our project team specifically proposed and added to version 12.0. When there are already mutiple documents opened and the tab bar has no more space on the right corner to display new tab,the tab of the newly opened PDF file will be displayed on the most left in order to make it easy for the user to see the TAB bar corresponding to the newly opened file at a glance.
              However, we have received negative feedbacks about the new feature from some of our users,they are very confused and not used to this new feature.Therefore, we have collected all of the negative feedbacks to our Foxit PDF Editor Project team and suggested them switch back to the previous tabs ordering working mechanism as soon as possible in the Version 12.1 release.
              Once there is any new progress about this request,I will inform you again.

[2]I often use the "Next Tab" & "Previous Tab" commands to switch between multiple pdf files (about 10 or more pdfs) in the tab bar.
              A:This second issue is also related to the first issue that you reported. So once we switch to previous tabs ordering working mechanism,then both of the first issue and second will all get sorted out.

[3]In the previous version, once I closed the Navigation Panels on the left ("Hide Navigation Panels"),
              A:The report ID for this issue in our internal system is#QCPHANTOM-30418. This issue is arranged to be fixed in next minor update version which is version 12.1
              and we already have implemented an internal version (sprint 258)with this issue addressed.

[4]Similar to #3 above, when the user sets or clicks "Minimize the Ribbon" once, please make it the default.
              A:The report ID for this issue in our internal system is#QCPHANTOM-30417.This issue also has already been fixed in our internal version (sprint 258) and the fix will be applied to version 12.1 as well.
              If you want to give this internal version a try,please submit a ticket to Foxit Support team from our ticket submission center to apply for the internal version(Please input Attn Lisa in the ticket subject).

Comment

Hi Lisa_lee,

Much appreciated your detailed explanations.

I really look forward to the upcoming version with the improvements you mentioned above.

I'll just stay at Ver. 11.2.2.53575 until you release the new version.

Please inform me if there is any new progress about the bug [#1] that I pointed out above.

Thanks a ton!
                Last edited by CKCK; 08-02-2022, 01:43 AM.

Comment

Thank you Lisa_lee ! I'm glad you are considering our feedback, and looking forward for version 12.1 👍

Comment

Originally posted by CKCK View Post
                    Hi Lisa_lee,

Much appreciated your detailed explanations.

I really look forward to the upcoming version with the improvements you mentioned above.

I'll just stay at Ver. 11.2.2.53575 until you release the new version.

Please inform me if there is any new progress about the bug [#1] that I pointed out above.

Thanks a ton!
                    CKCK, For the bug [#1] ,I have just escalated its priority in our internal system and reminded our related team to work on it. Any new progress about it,I will keep you posted.

Comment

Lisa_lee

Great, much appreciated, Lisa!

Comment

CKCK,I am glad to inform you that the first issue you mentioned in this thread also has been addressed in our newly implemented internal version. So far, our internal version 12.1 (Sprint261 )has fixed all of the four issues you have reported in this thread. I have sent an email to enj*****@gmail.com to provide you with the internal version,please help to check your inbox to give the internal version a try and let us know how it goes on your side. Look forward to your reply.
                        Last edited by Lisa_lee; 09-10-2022, 04:38 PM.

Comment

Lisa_lee Hi Lisa,

Thank you for all the updates.

I have just tested the version you sent me.

Great, everything that I pointed out works properly.

Appreciate your follow up. I'll download the official version as soon as you release it.

Thanks a ton!

Comment

Thanks, looking forward for official version 12.1!

Comment

joule1309, The official version 12.1 is scheduled to be released at the end of this year if everything goes as planned. I have also emailed you the internal version 12.1, you are encouraged to give it a try at your convenience.

Any further questions or concerns,please contact us again at any time.

Last edited by Lisa_lee; 09-17-2022, 10:59 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X