MSI / EXE multiple commands not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MSI / EXE multiple commands not working

Hi - I tried multiple different ways to install the 12.0 version with the MSI and EXE. I am wanting to install silently and it works to silently install but does not take anything after the first option command. as you can see below the desktop_shortcut will not be created but everything after it is ignored. What am I doing wrong?

start /wait msiexec /i "FoxitPDFReader120_enu_Setup.msi" /qn /passive /norestart DESKTOP_SHORTCUT="0" MAKEDEFAULT="0" VIEWINBROWSER="0" LAUNCHCHECKDEFAULT="0" AUTO_UPDATE="0"

jboogiejm

I've submitted an internal request to check this probelm with our engineer and will update further on this when there's further update on it. Internal Report ID#: QCPHANTOM-30465. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by jboogiejm View Post
      Hi - I tried multiple different ways to install the 12.0 version with the MSI and EXE. I am wanting to install silently and it works to silently install but does not take anything after the first option command. as you can see below the desktop_shortcut will not be created but everything after it is ignored. What am I doing wrong?

start /wait msiexec /i "FoxitPDFReader120_enu_Setup.msi" /qn /passive /norestart DESKTOP_SHORTCUT="0" MAKEDEFAULT="0" VIEWINBROWSER="0" LAUNCHCHECKDEFAULT="0" AUTO_UPDATE="0"
      Try the L10N build:
      https://cdn01.foxitsoftware.com/prod...L10N_Setup.msi

Comment

Thanks wind_wu. I did the below command and it mostly works now. On the first run of the software I see the default check box so one command is not working. I am pushing this via Automox.

exit (Start-Process -FilePath 'msiexec.exe' -ArgumentList ('/i', '"FoxitPDFReader120_L10N_Setup.msi"', '/quiet', '/norestart', 'DESKTOP_SHORTCUT="0"', 'MAKEDEFAULT="0"', 'VIEWINBROWSER="0"', 'LAUNCHCHECKDEFAULT="0"', 'AUTO_UPDATE="0"', '/qn') -Wait -Passthru).ExitCode
        Last edited by jboogiejm; 07-19-2022, 08:21 PM.

Comment

jboogiejm

Please try to change the VIEWINBROWSER to VIEW_IN_BROWSER and try to run the cmd.exe as adminstrator to see if you could execute the command line successfullly. If it doesn't work, would you please use your phone to record the process and send to us we could check further with the dev team? Thank you.

Comment

Working...
          X