Accessibility replace colors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accessibility replace colors

In Accessibility replacing colors works only with black on white. How can I replace the background when its gray?

emf Can you please select "Custom Color" then click "Page background" to choose gray? Attached pic for reference. thanks.
    Attached Files

Comment

I uploaded to screenshots of Foxit. In both, in Accessibility in the Preferences I have specified yellow text on black background. In the first, the background in the box on top has not been changed, while the text has been changed and is unreadable. The second screenshot is from a book whose colors have not changed as specified.

An older version of Foxit would apply the specified colors in both cases. I wish there was an option in the Preferences to apply accessibility colors in such cases.
      Attached Files

Comment

emf,Based on the second screenshot you provided,it seems that the document you opened is a scanned document that is image based. Currently,the accessibility color settings still cannot replace the color of the image background,that is the reason why the background color of the image-based page still not changed.
        Regarding this situation,I have submitted the suggestion "Hope replace document colors could also work in scanned PDF file" as a new feature to our product management team's reference with suggestion ID#PHANTOM-10866 ,so that it may be considered in future versions.

Any further questions or concerns,please contact us again at any time.
        Last edited by Lisa_lee; 07-23-2022, 04:17 AM.

Comment

I am not sure what "a scanned document that is image based" is, however its text is searchable and can be highlighted, unlike some old documents whose text is an image.

I hope your suggestion will also cover the first PrintScreen I posted, that considers the gray box as an image.

Thanks though for submitting the suggestion.

Another idea would be to provide a button to invert colors, though of course this can be achieved otherwise.

Comment

emf, Thanks for getting back to us. If the gray box in your document sample is an image object,currently our accessibility color settings really still cannot replace its color yet as I have mentioned before. Foxit will be able to replace color for images as long as the new feature request "Hope replace document colors could also work in scanned PDF file" is implemented.
            Regarding the "Invert color" request,it has also been submitted to our product management team's considerations with suggestion ID#PHANTOM-369. For your current workaround, you may choose to use the "View>Night mode" as a quick way to invert black and white in PDF file to reduce eye strain in low light conditions though the night mode still also can't be applicable to images in PDF file.

Comment

Originally posted by Lisa_lee View Post
              emf, Thanks for getting back to us. If the gray box in your document sample is an image object
              No, the box in the document is not an image object. They have just added a gray background to make it more prominent, I suppose. It would be preferable if Foxit would ignore the gray background and treat it as white. If it cannot change the gray background, at least it shouldn't change the font color included in the box either.

Thanks again,

Eustace

Comment

emf,Thanks for your response. It is better if you could provide us with the PDF file in question,so that further analysis based on the document sample and then further advise.

Look foward to your reply.

Comment

Originally posted by Lisa_lee View Post
                  emf, It is better if you could provide us with the PDF file in question,so that further analysis based on the document sample and then further advise.
                  OK, I've attached a page. Please note that an earlier version of Foxit — before the introduction of the ribbon — would ignore the grayish background and treat it as the rest.
                  Attached Files

Comment

emf, Thanks for sending us the file sample. The grey area of the document you provided is the fill color that belongs to a Shape object rather than the document background itself.Since V9.2 or greater versions,the custom page Background set in preferences will be applied to the Shape object only when the Shape object's fill color is white.
                    If the Shape object has a non-white fill color, then page Background in preferences cannot be applied to the Shape object at all.
                    Because the fill color of your shape object in your document is gray, its color will not change with your custom Page Background.

Anyway, I have also submitted the suggestion "Hope the fill color (non-white) of shape object could be changed along with the customized page background color that we have set in preferences" as a new feature request to our product management team's reference with suggestion ID#PHANTOM-17290.

Comment

Working...
                    X