How Do I Remove the Sidebar Permanently

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Do I Remove the Sidebar Permanently

Hi guys.. In the newest update, every time I open a PDF, an annoying sidebar pops out from the left. In the previous version, the sidebar popped out until you stopped it but pressing F4 on the keyboard. After that, it never showed up again. A tab also pops up on top when you open just one PDF. This never happened in the previous version unless you have many PDFs open at the same time.

How do remove both the sidebar permanently? And how do I remove the tab only when 1 PDF is open? Look at whats circled in red in the screenshot.

Click image for larger version

Name:	fff.png
Views:	174
Size:	367.5 KB
ID:	189753
    Last edited by koolx; 07-21-2022, 05:19 AM.

koolx

Thanks for the feedback, in fact we have received other similar feedback from other customers and tracking# is QCPHANTOM-30417 .As far as I know it was planned to fixed on later major updates but it's not promise.FYI

Comment

Originally posted by joe_yang View Post
      Originally posted by joe_yang View Post

Thanks for the feedback, in fact we have received other similar feedback from other customers and tracking# is QCPHANTOM-30417 .As far as I know it was planned to fixed on later major updates but it's not promise.FYI
      Hello.. I'm somewhat confused. Why would something this major not be possibly fixed in the next update? This is a crucial issue. I don’t get it

Comment

koolx, The issue you mentioned in this thread (report ID# QCPHANTOM-30417) has been confirmed that it will be fixed in our next minor release version 12.1 of Foxit PDF Editor. An internal version(sprint258) with this issue rectified will be available in a few days. If you want to give our internal version a try, please help to submit a request from our ticket submission center, please indicate this thread link when you submit the ticket.

Comment

Originally posted by Lisa_lee View Post
          koolx, The issue you mentioned in this thread (report ID# QCPHANTOM-30417) has been confirmed that it will be fixed in our next minor release version 12.1 of Foxit PDF Editor. An internal version(sprint258) with this issue rectified will be available in a few days.

Appreciate the reply. When will the public version with this fix be released officially?

Comment

koolx
            We apologize for any difficulty using Foxit Software, so far we don't have a particular date for that but will update here once it's released.

Comment

yes it is annoying ,F4 constant , But free soft so not really complaining

Comment

Foxitnetizen koolx, We have implemented an internal version (sprint258) which has already addressed the issue. If you want to give the sprint 258 internal version a try,please help to submit a ticket request to our Foxit Support team from our ticket submission center (input Attn Lisa in ticket subject).Please kindly note that it is just an internal version for your testing purpose,so please never distribute it to others.

Comment

Foxitnetizen koolx, We have implemented an internal version (sprint258) which has already addressed the issue. If you want to give the sprint 258 internal version a try,please help to submit a ticket request to our Foxit Support team from our ticket submission center input Attn Lisa in ticket subject.Please kindly note that it is just an internal version for your testing purpose,so please never distribute it to others.

Hi.. I tried do as you instructed. But after I complete the image verification, I get an error message which says I need to log into the site which I already did. So I don’t understand why I’m seeing this error.

Click image for larger version

Name:	6545.png
Views:	73
Size:	64.9 KB
ID:	190389

Comment

koolx
                    We apologize for any difficulty using Foxit Software. Please go back to our support center here, then scroll down and you will find the Ticket Submit section, click submit a ticket to send us the ticket request, thanks.

Comment

koolx,I still didn't receive your ticket yet, so I directly sent you an email from our ticket system (ticket#230381). Please help to check your inbox from david**********[email protected] to get the internal version that I shared with you. The internal version should has already addressed the issue "unable to hide the left navigation panel perpetually (report ID#QCPHANTOM-30417)". We sincerely invite you to test the internal version and revert to us with the result.

However,I noticed that you also have fed back the following situation:
                      A tab also pops up on top when you open just one PDF. This never happened in the previous version unless you have many PDFs open at the same time.
                      The above situation is something to do with the existing tab bar working mechanism that our Dev team have modified since version 11. For now, Foxit PDF Reader would always show tabs on the tab-bar no matter if you open only one PDF file or multiple PDFs. Regarding this situation, I have submitted the suggestion “Don't pop-up a tab when open just one PDF like Foxit PDF Reader Version10 does” as a new feature request to our product management team's reference with suggestion ID#PHANTOM-17330. I will keep you informed again once there is any new progress on this request.
                      Last edited by Lisa_lee; 08-23-2022, 03:20 AM.

Comment

koolx,I still didn't receive your ticket yet, so I directly sent you an email from our ticket system (ticket#230381). Please help to check your inbox from david**********[email protected] to get the internal version that I shared with you. The internal version should has already addressed the issue "unable to hide the left navigation panel perpetually (report ID#QCPHANTOM-30417)". We sincerely invite you to test the internal version and revert to us with the result.

However,I noticed that you also have fed back the following situation:
                        A tab also pops up on top when you open just one PDF. This never happened in the previous version unless you have many PDFs open at the same time.
                        The above situation is something to do with the existing tab bar working mechanism that our Dev team have modified since version 11. For now, Foxit PDF Reader would always show tabs on the tab-bar no matter if you open only one PDF file or multiple PDFs. Regarding this situation, I have submitted the suggestion “Don't pop-up a tab when open just one PDF like Foxit PDF Reader Version10 does” as a new feature request to our product management team's reference with suggestion ID#PHANTOM-17330. I will keep you informed again once there is any new progress on this request.
                        Hi lisa.. we have a problem. I clicked the link to download this file. But I want to make sure this is for the foxit pdf reader and NOT anything else. Let me know to confirm.

When will the next update with the fix to hide the nav panel be released?

Comment

koolx,Thanks for your response.Yes, the link that I provided you in ticket#230381 is for downloading our internal version of Foxit PDF Reader, this internal version has fixed the issue "unable to hide the left navigation panel perpetually (report ID#QCPHANTOM-30417)" already.

The official version 12.1 of Foxit PDF Reader will address this issue as well and it is scheduled to be released at the end of this year if everything goes as planned.So you may keep on using the internal version for getting around the issue of "unable to hide left navigation panel perpetually" before we release the official version 12.1.

Any further questions or concerns,please contact us again at any time.

Comment

koolx,Thanks for your response.Yes, the link that I provided you in ticket#230381 is for downloading our internal version of Foxit PDF Reader, this internal version has fixed the issue "unable to hide the left navigation panel perpetually (report ID#QCPHANTOM-30417)" already.

The official version 12.1 of Foxit PDF Reader will address this issue as well and it is scheduled to be released at the end of this year if everything goes as planned.So you may keep on using the internal version for getting around the issue of "unable to hide left navigation panel perpetually" before we release the official version 12.1.

Any further questions or concerns,please contact us again at any time.
                            Hi Lisa,

Will the internal version update to subsequent updates automatically?

If the internal version fixes issues, why dont you release it to the general public? Or are you anticipating other fixes?
                            Last edited by koolx; 08-27-2022, 07:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by koolx View Post

Hi Lisa,

Will the internal version update to subsequent updates automatically?

If the internal version fixes issues, why dont you release it to the general public? Or are you anticipating other fixes?
                              Hi koolx,

Since we have too many internal versions, normally it will not update to official released one automatically. It do fix other issues as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X