Annoying tab order in v12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Annoying tab order in v12

Another annoying issue with the latest version is its handling of tab order. Previous versions placed new tabs on the right, and allowed bidirectional scrolling as required, The latest version seems to place them on the left, at least sometimes. I found using this unsettling and reverted to an earlier version. Please consider fixing this.

Also, the upgrade to v12 lost the open-file list I had in v11. Please consider improving the upgrade experience. Thanks!

lhg,We apologize for the trouble. This issue about tab orders ,it has been submitted to our internal bug tracking system for our QA team to do further analysis with report ID#QCPHANTOM-30419. We will keep you informed for any updates about this issue.

For the open files list,they would only be retained when doing minor update (such s from V 11.0 to V11.2). For major upgrades (such as upgrade from V11 to V12),the settings won't be transfered to the new major upgrade version by default.
    Regarding this situation,I have submitted the suggestion " Support to tetain "file>open>recent documents" information when doing major upgrade" as a new feature request to our product management team's reference with suggestion ID#PHANTOM-16319.
    Any further questions or concerns,please contact us again at any time.

Last edited by Lisa_lee; 07-22-2022, 11:30 PM.

Comment

I have to agree with lhg above - this tab sequence change came as a rude surprise to me, especially given Foxit Reader's history of losing open tabs when shut down automatically.

Comment

cbitner
        Thanks for your report! We are still collecting feedback regarding this behavior, will note any updates here, appreciate it.

Comment

lhg cbitner, With this post,I would like to give you a quick update about the issue that you reported in this thread. Our Dev team have already implemented an internal version (sprint261)with this issue addressed. And the fix will also be applied to our next minor release version 12.1 of Foxit PDF Reader which is scheduled to be released at the end of this year if everything goes as planned.
          When you want to give our internal version (sprint261) a try,please help to submit a ticket from our ticket submission center to​ apply for the internal version. Please input Att:Lisa as the subject so I will take care of it when it is received.​
          Last edited by Lisa_lee; 09-10-2022, 04:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X