Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Regular expression search / fuzzy search / around search support?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regular expression search / fuzzy search / around search support?

Hi. I'd like to know is there any search method that supports such as regular expression compatible, fuzzy search compatible, around search operator compatible.

For example, when you want to know if there is a search match for "the change in action" or "the change of action", with the regular expression capability, you can query something similar to "the change (in|of) action" or "the change \w+ action".

I believe this functionality would help me and many other people a lot. Is there this kind of feature? Or do you have a plan to implement in the near future may I know? Thanks.

We support 'look like pattern search', could you please have a try to see if it meets your need? Thanks.
    Attached Files

Comment

umm? Thanks for the suggestion, but that is not what I want. It looks like the look like pattern search is for for example "email patterns", "phone number patterns" etc, that's a whole different conception from what I proposed in the post above (regex search or fuzzy search or around search, neither of these)

Comment

mashiro
        May I have some more detailed descriptions of what exactly search feature you looking for? Our team told me that the 'look like pattern search' is one of regular expression search ways.

Comment

I see the look like pattern search looks like for pre-defined patterns. It's not for general purpose searching, right?

With a regular expression search, for example you can do "OR" search within the search query. As I described on above, for example when you want to search two queries, "the change in action" and "the change of action", where you are unsure of which text is included in the 500+ pages of long pdf, or where you know the two types of text is included in the pdf and you want to search the two queries at the same time.

In the above example you can use a regular expression query something similar to "the change (in|of) action", where "()" means "group in the query" and "|" means "OR in the group", thus this single search query logically expands to "the change in action" and "the change of action".

Comment

mashiro Thanks for the explanation. The requirement has been submitted for DEV team for checking, track ID# PHANTOM-17254. When there is any update, I'll inform you at once. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
            X