Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foxit reader update fails

Hi Team,

We are using Foxit reader enterprise version. We had recently installed 12.0.0.1.12394 in the month of July. Recently we see there was update with Foxit reader to version 12.0.1.12430. Foxit seems to not update automatically. We have to go to About Foxit and there it starts to download the updates and informs us to restart foxit so that it can update. But when we press the button, foxit restarts and nothing happens and this in a loop, how many times you open About tab under foxit.

We tried enabling auto install updates option under preference, after you apply and restart foxit, we see a dialog box saying updating foxit reader. But it eventually fails after few minutes.

We even tried to push the updated packages via intune, but seems it is not updating via intune too.

We are currently updating them manually and its a hectic work. Request someone to help fix this issue so that it automatically updates in the backend.

PS: the above actions are tested on more than 5 machines

Sorry for the trouble. The issue has been escalated to our QA team for investigation with bug ID: QCPHANTOM-30794. But unfortunately, we are unable to replicate the issue. Could you help to record a video to show us the process? If possible, please submit a ticket via https://www.foxit.com/support/ticket...t=1&isReturn=1 and then we can schedule a meeting and connect to the computer to debug the error.

Comment

Hi,

Sorry for the delayed reply. I have attached the screenshot of the error we are getting while updating. This forced update menu only comes when i run foxit as an administator as the users account doesnt have Admin rights.

When i get a dialog box saying "There is an update for Foxit" and i press Install now button, it starts the update process and tells me to close foxit reader inorder to continue the installation. But when i close foxit, it gives throws as error as shown in the screenshot.

This is after we deploying the MSI Enterprise package from Company Portal (Intune)

Kindly let me know how to update from intune, without asking admin rights at the users side.
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi Ugendar,

To work on the issue more efficiently, I've created a ticket for this. Ticket number 235729. Please check your inbox for details.

Comment

Hi team,

Thanks for all your support.

I have informed my team lead regarding the updated reply given to me. We have deployed the patch file and waiting for the results. Will update in 2-3 days

Comment

Hi Guys, is there anyway where we can get .msi patch file instead of .msp patches ?

or can anyone guide how to deploy MSP patches for foxit reader via Intune

Comment

Ugendar
              Please check below link for the .msi file for the latest version of Enterprise Reader.
              http://cdn01.foxitsoftware.com/produ..._enu_Setup.msi

Comment

Originally posted by Roy_Chen View Post
                Ugendar
                Please check below link for the .msi file for the latest version of Enterprise Reader.
                http://cdn01.foxitsoftware.com/produ..._enu_Setup.msi
                Thanks Roy for your reply. But can i push this file to an existing installation of Foxit via Intune ? Hope it doesnt cause any issue.

I thought you could generate an msi file only for update patch rather than .msp file

Comment

Ugendar
                  Already submitted it to advanced(same ticket 235729) for solutions, please pay attention to the email from our team, thanks!

Comment

Working...
                  X