Stop auto-opening Format toolbar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stop auto-opening Format toolbar?

How can I stop the Format toolbar from auto-opening when writing a comment?
    As can be seen in the screencapture it hides the other buttons so I have to close it manually again every time.
    I mean this:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Format.gif Views:	0 Size:	106.8 KB ID:	190986
    Thanks.
    Last edited by nofish; 09-14-2022, 05:43 PM.

Seen from the screenshot you sent, it seems you are using the old version, may I know which version of Foxit Reader you are using? Thank you.

Comment

Thanks for the reply.
      You're right, I'm using a quite old version, 6.2.0.0429.
      Had no reason to update though, everything working fine (apart from the issue mentioned here).
      Is this behaviour changed in newer versions? That may be a good reason for me to finally update.

Comment

nofish , Thanks for your response.

Foxit Reader has already been renamed into Foxit PDF Reader,its latest version is V12. Its user interface and toolbars have been completely redesigned compared to version 6 that you are currently using. You are encouraged to give the latest version a try at your convenience. Please click here to download it or you may also access our official download center to download it.

Your mentioned format toolbar has already been redesigned into a right-hand format panel since V11. Actually, the Format panel provides the following three separate types of format tabs based on the different tools you are using:

A: Format tab for Annotation
        B: Format tab for Measure
        C: Format tab for Edit

While using the tools in the same type, like Annotation (tools under the "Comment"tab in Foxit application) , when you close/hide its format panel, you will not get the format panel until you bring it up. For example, when you use the Highlight tool which belongs to annotation and you hide its format panel, then you use the other annotation tool like Typewriter, the format panel will not appear automatically until you choose to manually reopen it again.

If you need to reopen it again after you close it,please refer to this article.

Any further questions or concerns,please contact us again at any time.

‚Äč

Comment

Ok, then I think it's time to finally update.
          Thanks for your advice.

Comment

Working...
          X