Command line exit codes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Command line exit codes

I would like to use the "Foxit Reader.exe" command in a Python script so I can print some PDF files without opening a GUI.

How do I know if the print job is successfully queued though? The exit codes of the "Foxit Reader.exe" are not documented.

Hi k_sze,

You are able to check the print jobs in your printer's printer queue directly by doing as follows:
    Go to:Start Menu > Devices and Printer, please right click on the corresponding printer which is used for printing PDF file in commandline there and then please click"see what's printing" option in the pop-up context menu to open printer queue window.
    If I didn't understand your question correctly,please help to be specific in describing it.

Comment

I need to do this *in a Python script*, which won't interact with any GUI. In the scripting world, it's standard practice to check the exit code of a program to determine success or failure.

Comment

Hi k_sze,

Thanks for your update. I'll check your question further with Reader QA and Dev team and update here. You can also email to [email protected] by mentioning Report ID#61067 to check the processing status.

Comment

Working...
        X