No announcement yet.

Tabs and Multiple Windows

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

9.2 is out and I don't see the drag and drop tabs feature. Did it get added? Would be very useful.... hard to work with tabs without the ability to pull them out into their own window.

Comment

joshdcurry

I'm checking further on this feature with PM team and I'll post here once I got the update. Thank you.

Comment

I was so excited to see 9.2 available, but I didn't get too excited and I'm still not holding my breath. But I cannot drag and drop a tab into a new window... Please tell me there is a GPO setting I can use to enable this functionality. Unfortunately since this is a function that I think would operate out of the box, I don't think drag and drop tabs are in this version, very sad day...

Comment

Originally posted by pialld View Post
          I was so excited to see 9.2 available, but I didn't get too excited and I'm still not holding my breath. But I cannot drag and drop a tab into a new window... Please tell me there is a GPO setting I can use to enable this functionality. Unfortunately since this is a function that I think would operate out of the box, I don't think drag and drop tabs are in this version, very sad day...
          We are so sorry to inform you and other users that the feature has been disabled since it is not stable enough, when it is available, we will keep you informed.

Comment

I appreciate this feature being held back because of issues that were found. It would be terrible if it were released with issues. I sure hope this is released soon. I know it sounds like a tiny feature that doesn't really matter, and no other software outside of browsers have embraced this, but it makes a huge difference in productivity when dealing with multiple PDF's.

Comment

Originally posted by pialld View Post
              I appreciate this feature being held back because of issues that were found. It would be terrible if it were released with issues. I sure hope this is released soon. I know it sounds like a tiny feature that doesn't really matter, and no other software outside of browsers have embraced this, but it makes a huge difference in productivity when dealing with multiple PDF's.
              pialld ,We appreciate your kind support and understanding.Our Dev team will continue to work hard to find solutions to those existing difficult issues in this feature"tear a tab to create new window" until the feature will be stable enough for release.

Comment

If you want a side by side—or top and bottom—comparison of different pages within the same document, you can use Foxit Reader’s split view feature to view different instances of a document within the same tab. To do this, simply click View > Split, then choose whether you want to split your view vertically or horizontally.

Comment

Hi Dev Team - Just want to let you know there's +1 customer asking for this feature now (in case popularity of this feature comes up for internal discussion). But like "pialld" said, I also appreciate that this feature wasn't released with errors - better to wait and have it work well.

Thanks, and keep up the great development!

Comment

Hello,
                    I need to purchase 75 FoxIT licenses, but I really need this feature implemented first. The ability to drag a tab out of a FoxIT window so that it will make a new FoxIT window. What is the ETA on this?

Comment

TexasJSW I have submitted the potential purchase volume (75 copies) you mentioned to our product marketing team to move the new feature development forward.
                      The new feature's report ID is#PHANTOM-4176,I will keep you posted once this new feature is implemented or you may also write back to us with report ID#PHANTOM-4176 to track its processing status.

Comment

I created an account here just to request this feature. I don't like having to use another free software for workaround functionality missing in my purchased software.

Comment

gulzeb

We're working to fix the problem that could be caused by this new feature internally. We plan to fix all those problems in version 10.0 then make this new feature open to the public. Thank you.

Comment

gulzeb and All,

I want to share the great news that Foxit Reader/PhantomPDF version 9.4.0 has already supported to tear a new tab as a new Window and manage the tabs. You're welcome to download version 9.4.0 from Foxit website (https://www.foxitsoftware.com/downloads/) and give the new feature a try at your convenience. Thank you.

Comment

Thank you, will check it out.

Comment

Hello, I am a new member here. I have been following this post and just upgraded my PhantomPDF to 9.4.0, and downloaded the 9.4.0 Reader, to get this feature. It's in the manual but I can't seem to implement it! I'm running Foxit on Windows 8.1. Am I missing something? Help appreciated.

Comment

Working...
                                X