Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Foxit reader 7 text Highlighter issue !!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foxit reader 7 text Highlighter issue !!!!

I recently upgraded from Foxit reader 6 to 7 and noticed that in the new version, text highlighter tool highlights text seperately for each word excluding spaces between words. And also when I highlight a sentence, the This causes difficulty to see highlighted content. (Part of the Screenshot attached). Is this a bug or a feature? And there's any way to solve it other than reverting back to the old foxit version? (OS: Win8.1)

Thank you

Hi Deepal,

May I get a copy of the PDF in question for testing purpose? If it is inconvenient to upload to forum, you may email it to [email protected]. (Attn: Cherry)

Comment

I have the same problem, it's annoying...

Comment

Originally posted by cherry View Post
        Hi Deepal,

May I get a copy of the PDF in question for testing purpose? If it is inconvenient to upload to forum, you may email it to [email protected]. (Attn: Cherry)

The issue persists with any PDF not with this particular PDF.

Comment

Hi Deepal,

I've reported this issue to Foxit internal bug tracking system for further investigation. Report ID#: 53927. You may write to [email protected] to track the processing status of this issue.
          For your current workaround, you may use the "Area Highlight" feature under "Comment" menu to highlight the text instead.

Comment

Thank you.

Comment

Some issue here with 7.03.916 on Win7Pro-32 on any pdf document. Your "Area Highlight" workaround works fine, but only as highlight feature. Underline is unsolved.

Comment

Hi m.m,

I've added your comments to Report ID#53927 for processing as well. Thank you for your kind understanding.

If you'd like, you may go under "Comment"->"Drawing" and use Line tool instead when you need to underline the text as a workaround. Thank you.

Comment

I registered to find out if this highlight issue has been fixed. I'll subscribe to this thread and hopefully hear an update soon. Thank you for the "Area Highlight" workaround.

Comment

Hi guys,

FYI. This highlight issue has been fixed in Foxit Reader verson 7.0.6. Version 7.0.6 will be available very soon. Thank you.

Comment

7.06.1126 just installed, highlight bug has been fixed, thank you.

Comment

7.0.6.1126 just installed, highlight bug has been fixed, thank you.

Comment

7.0.6.1126 just installed, highlight bug has been fixed, thank you.

Comment

Cherry: any word on when the update will be released? The highlighter fix would be very helpful.

Comment

Just done. Download the last 7.0.6 version. The highlight bug has been fixed.

Comment

Working...
                              X