Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Multiple pages per sheet 1x2 printing in wrong order

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Updated to 5.4.2.0901 and confirmed this bug still exists.
    richell's solution works, but it always involves messing with system-wide printer settings.

    Think about this... now NO ONE uses '2 pages' with 'Multiple pages per sheet'.
    Why? basically because if you do, you always get UNUSABLE print output. Who would read a printed document right to left?
    If a PDF reader prints PDF right to left, it is a BUG. It's because of a simple fact: we all read left to right.

    With Foxit Reader's current design, that function is therefore practically abandoned.
    And everyone here knows THAT PRINT FUNCTION is one of the most important functions for a PDF solution...
    So it's like one of the most important functions for a PDF solution is unusable... isn't this a nonsense?

    Can't it be done without changing system-wide printer configurations?
    All Foxit needs to do is just add two checkboxes, 'rotate clockwise' and 'save as default' in the print dialog.

    Seriously, I can't believe a PDF solution is struggling with a print option so simple and obvious.
    Last edited by juniecho; 09-08-2012, 03:15 AM.

    Comment


    • #17
      We apologize for making you feel disappointed.Actually we have already reported it as feedback to our PM team(JR-661), i will send a reminder to them and hope it will be improved in future.Thanks for your kind understanding in advance.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by richell_huang View Post
        We apologize for making you feel disappointed.Actually we have already reported it as feedback to our PM team(JR-661), i will send a reminder to them and hope it will be improved in future.Thanks for your kind understanding in advance.
        This bug is really annoying for me as well, I've been using Foxit Reader since probably 2010 and this bug was there, I used to use Acrobat Reader when I had to print 2 pages in 1 sheet.
        I really like Foxit, much quicker and less heavy then Adobe so please fix this bug!!!
        Thanks.

        Comment


        • #19
          I have sent a reminder to our related team, hope it will be improved in future.

          Comment


          • #20
            Thanks for providing this information. I am new to Foxit, and I didn

            Comment


            • #21
              Thanks richell for solving my problem too. I had a similar problem in multiple page printing. I was doing it in a wrong way, when you suggested the above steps only I understood my mistake. I tried to take print as you suggested and found it is working fine. Thank you.

              Comment


              • #22
                still there in 9.4.3.0920

                Originally posted by giulianogibi View Post
                This bug is really annoying for me as well, I've been using Foxit Reader since probably 2010 and this bug was there, I used to use Acrobat Reader when I had to print 2 pages in 1 sheet.
                I really like Foxit, much quicker and less heavy then Adobe so please fix this bug!!!
                Thanks.
                I'm on version 9.4.3.0920 - and this bug's still there! and I second, that this is very annoying and a reason to abandon foxit if it's not fixed...
                I'm using foxit pdf for quite a bit longer & funny enough I still remember times, where it wasn't there...

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by fordprefect View Post
                  I'm on version 9.4.3.0920 - and this bug's still there! and I second, that this is very annoying and a reason to abandon foxit if it's not fixed...
                  I'm using foxit pdf for quite a bit longer & funny enough I still remember times, where it wasn't there...
                  You can print it correctly by below instructions:
                  1.open any pdf file you want to print
                  2.choose print button, and select multiple pages per sheet, custom 2 by 1
                  3.check Auto-Rotate.
                  4.Click properties->layout->change page layout from Portrait to Landscape.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Hi,
                    i just found this thread via google and thanks to the tip about landscape page layout, I could print correctly.
                    But honestly, we now have 2013 and the bug still isn't fixed? Updated yesterday to version 5.4.5.0114, no new updates available.
                    As a software developer myself I am quite disappointed, as how long it takes to resolve this issue...

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Currently, you can print it by the way i provided, and i also hope it will be improved in future release soon.Any update, we will post here.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        ugh so this bug has been more than a year i suppose.
                        personally i think i can't wait any longer hoping foxit would fix this bug soon (i have waited for a half year for this simple bug to be fixed but now i realized it is not likely to be fixed in 2013 anyway)

                        i'm moving on to sumatrapdf.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Problem still persist after 2 years even in version 6.... In my opinion the easiest solution is delete or hide auto-rotate while there's no solution and maybe a future add an option of landscape...

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Hi Fanmixco,

                            I've forwarded your comments to Reader PM team so we could consider to add "Orientation" option in the print dialog. Thank you.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              I've been using booklet option to print today. The first 2 pdfs I printed were ok. From that on I get portrait to landscape switching. It's a serious bug. I have thrown at least 30 sheets to the trash. I tried several options. None with success. Guess I will be installing ADOBE back again. Such a dissapointment being a Foxit user for a long time.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X